Why does my LG G4 battery die so fast, take so long to charge and lag so much?

Philster95

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I turn my wifi and data on and off depending where I am. My phone lags even to turn the screen on, opening an app, or closing an app. It takes at least 2 hours with the charger it came with. The phone is less than a week old. Any help would be much appreciated.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Try restoring it, if that doesn't work exchange it.

As for charging, my G4 using the stock LG takes about 90 minutes.

SHIFT_g4

Philster95

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
i originally had the blue backing on it and then i exchanged it for the black cause it looked nice. Even though blue one was lagging

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Philster -- as per your pm, your main concerns are battery life and charge time... is that right? Does that mean you managed to fix your lag issues?

For battery life, can you install GSam and show us some charts and "app sucker" stats, etc., using screenshots? Once we have that, we may be able to give you some suggestions.

For battery charging, you're using the charger that came with the phone... but are you using the cable that came with the phone? My own experience has been that lower quality cables have an effect on this phone's charging. Mine charges in around 1.5 hours, the same as bembol's. Again, using GSam, please post a screenshot of a full charge.

Edit: I see that you've posted about the charge time over here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/564290-how-improve-charge-rate-lg-g4.html -- I'll join that thread for that issue. However, please post some GSam stuff re: battery life in this thread.