Anyone Interested in getting the Note5?

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I was browsing through Best Buy today and stopped by the Samsung kiosk and messed around with the Note 5 and S6 Edge + and walked away thoroughly impressed, especially with the Note 5. I loved the ergonomics and the feel in the hand. The screen was beautiful and the S-Pen felt so refined compared to last interations, which I've owned in the past. I love the G4, and it's been the best Android I've ever owned, but not without its own faults. I have minor touchscreen issues, which occasionally annoy me and the native keyboard drove me nuts so I had to find a 3rd party keyboars (Textra). I use Nova Prime so my G4 UI experience is awesome. I loved the native Samsung keyboard on the Note 5, it's the closest Android keyboard to the iPhone keyboard which I think has the best feel and response. If I switch over to the Note 5, the only thing I will truly miss is being able to swap out the battery. Initial battery reports look promising, definitely better than the S6. Anyone else thinking of getting the Note 5?

Posted on my LG G4 via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not here. 1.No SD card 2. no removable battery and 3. saw the drop tests from 3 feet. I like keeping my pics, documents, etc. on SD card. Lot easier to swap with other phones then having to go through computer transfers. Also, although at the start of each app it out performs the G4, when it comes to reopening that same app, it loses, lags a lot.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Not here. 1.No SD card 2. no removable battery and 3. saw the drop tests from 3 feet. I like keeping my pics, documents, etc. on SD card. Lot easier to swap with other phones then having to go through computer transfers. Also, although at the start of each app it out performs the G4, when it comes to reopening that same app, it loses, lags a lot.

Those are great points and reasons why many of us were drawn to the G4. Thanks for your input!

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, that phone is a joke compared to the G4. Same sized battery with bigger screen (Non removable), the whole phone being made of entirely of glass has got to be super fragile, and it's essentially a downgraded Note 4 in my honest opinion.

Sent from my LG G4

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There are some things about it that I would like to have, but other things it is missing. In short, no phone is perfect.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Looked at the note 5 at best buy as well.
Yes, it looks, feels, and is awesome.
Yet, I can't (won't) buy a phone w /o an SD card. Photos and data are the reasons.
Individuals value a phone for different reasons. Gamers, media junkies, Internet addicts. I use my phone to record and store data and photos. I have recorded data on every phone I have owned and migrated it forward to each new phone. Even from the palm pilot...
Removing the SD card forces you to use the cloud for data storage. Not too far in the future you will have to pay for cloud storage.
I reluctantly skipped the note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, that phone is a joke compared to the G4. Same sized battery with bigger screen (Non removable), the whole phone being made of entirely of glass has got to be super fragile, and it's essentially a downgraded Note 4 in my honest opinion.

Sent from my LG G4

I also think that because the phone is entirely glass and metal, it will get hotter than the G4. But to say it's a joke isn't fair. Because it's different doesn't mean it sucks, there are some features it has that I wish the G4 has: wireless charging out of the box, fast charging out of the box, fingerprint scanner, speaker on the bottom.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Looked at the note 5 at best buy as well.
Yes, it looks, feels, and is awesome.
Yet, I can't (won't) buy a phone w /o an SD card. Photos and data are the reasons.
Individuals value a phone for different reasons. Gamers, media junkies, Internet addicts. I use my phone to record and store data and photos. I have recorded data on every phone I have owned and migrated it forward to each new phone. Even from the palm pilot...
Removing the SD card forces you to use the cloud for data storage. Not too far in the future you will have to pay for cloud storage.
I reluctantly skipped the note 5.

Sadly I think that is where the cell phone industry is going, to the cloud. I also think phones with a removable battery will be an afterthought soon, with everything going to wireless charging. Sealed batteries will be used, and it works for a lot of consumers. Look at how the iPhone community has embraced their phones.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to always want an SD card as well, but I at least have unlimited data now and for the most part don't really care if I have an SD card or not. I have all my music on google music, all my pictures automatically backed up to google, and for the most part, don't need expandable storage.
As for wanting the Note 5, I'd rather have the S6 Edge Plus. I had the S6 for about a week, loved the look and overall feel of the phone, was pretty snappy, took great pictures, but I wanted a bigger phone. I had the Nexus 6 prior to that and thought the G4 was a good middle ground. I really like the G4 though. Always wanting to change phones is a bad addiction to have

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I think I know what jag is talking about. It's funny the first thing anyone says about the another phone is that it doesn't have sd or removable battery. I have the g4 but ironically my whole phone is in the cloud: Google music, drive, photos etc.

I don't even have a sd card in the slot and I don't have a spare battery. I really think the Samsung is meant to be eye candy. The supersaturated screen is pleasing to some eyes.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not buying one, but I'd like to have one as a work-focused phone.

For that, tons of local storage doesn't really matter, as my work phones don't have much on them anyway.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 2. When it was time to upgrade, I really dislike the look and feel of the Note 4. I thought about switching to the iPhone 6+ but it is not really that great of a phone. When the G4 came out with an awesome camera, I know I have to have it. I have not regraded my decision. Would I have bought the Note 5 if there was no G4... probably. I don't use the pen. I don't really need the SD card. I do like the removable battery for quick reset (don't really need it for battery swapping). I will see what happened in 2 years when the G4 is paid off. It could be G6 or Note 7 or some other phones who knows!

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I have had a Note 3 and a Note 4 and was actually planning on getting the Note 5 but when it was finally announced without the SD card it was all over. I don't have unlimited data so the sd card support for me is a deal breaker as my internal memory was never enough on my Note 4. I have since gotten a G4 and love it. Admittedly I think the Samsung screen is a little better but not that much and I don't regret it all.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I stumbled across this while browsing some Android news sites.

Got a bit of a chuckle

#shotsfired

Attachments

• 1440085595129.jpg
    1440085595129.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 93

SanyKiss

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Love the looks of Note5. Concern with battery and SD support but will try it once I'm bored with my G4. For now G4 still looks pretty good and I love it.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Love the looks of Note5. Concern with battery and SD support but will try it once I'm bored with my G4. For now G4 still looks pretty good and I love it.

Samsung is chasing Apple, and their motto is SD cards and removable batteries are so yesterday! How long will it take for LG to embrace that concept...I don't think it will be long.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is chasing Apple, and their motto is SD cards and removable batteries are so yesterday! How long will it take for LG to embrace that concept...I don't think it will be long.

It's tough to say really. LG still seems intent on differentiating itself to gain market share, and then focusing on those differences in their sales campaigns (battery and sd card giveaways for example) to attack Samsung. Time will tell.

I'm still considering the Note 5, but I'll be waiting for reviews of the Moto X PE 2015 as well. I'm also keeping an eye out for this alleged G4 Pro. Getting my G4 a week ago on an insurance replacement for my trusty G2 has lessened my need for a new toy, and I'm really liking the G4 thus far, so I'm being patient. Heck I may defer 2015 and see what 2016 has to offer.