My volume down button seems to have stopped working and was wondering if the brain trust had any ideas before I go through the agony of dealing with repairs. This is for a Sprint G4, purchased days after it was released in June (so one of the early ones).

Physically, the down button depresses, but it doesn't seem to be sending a signal. I've removed the case and reseated the back cover, made sure there wasn't any debris around the volume buttons, and made sure the up volume and power buttons work. I did a soft reset and made sure all the software is up-to-date. I've also tried to make sure I didn't reassign the button to something else in settings, but I'm not completely sure I've checked all that might effect this.

I haven't had any of the overheating issues others have experienced, but I have had the white flash appear in the lower right corner of the screen. I just can't replicate the white flashing problem or cause it to appear with regularity, so haven't taken it in for that yet.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    09-17-2015 10:26 AM
    The only thing I can suggest is boot it into Safe Mode, and see if the button still doesn't work. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21962. If it doesn't, then it's probably a hardware issue.
    Grey_girl likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:47 PM
    Thanks, B. Diddy. The button still didn't work, so I guess it's time to make a service appointment.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-17-2015 02:16 PM
    Definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2015 02:25 PM
    just press the two buttons volume down and up exactly at the same time.viola! it will work like magic..
    07-25-2017 04:06 AM
    This solution worked for me. I long pressed the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time for about three to five seconds and the volume down button has been working well so far. Before this, I had noticed that after rebooting the device, which is just two weeks old, the volume down button would stop responding after a few clicks, within a minute. The issue cropped up two days ago and device is new. I will keep everyone posted.
    04-07-2018 11:36 AM
    just press the two buttons volume down and up exactly at the same time.viola! it will work like magic..
    This worked like magic
    11-04-2018 01:48 AM