Verizon update bricked my phone

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Update was installing and when it went through the reboot after the lg screen it would turn black and then nothing. Phone wouldn't boot into recovery or safe mode. I'm actually glad it happened I've been putting off getting a replacement. I'd have to charge the phone 3 times during the course of the day, getting no more than 2.5 sot. The phone would get extremely hot to the point I couldn't touch it. At least once a day the phone wouldn't dial out, pressing the call button did nothing so I'd have to do a battery pull in order to make a call. No offense to anyone long time android user but the g4 has been my worst phone experience to date. It has been been nothing but a headache since day one. It was one of the first batches so hopefully the replacement yields better results. oh yeah was completely stock also.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For future reference, that's not a warranty issue, it's a liability issue. If they damage your phone by sending it an update, it's their liability to replace it, whether it's in warranty of not, at no cost to you. (My current phone was replaced when it was almost 2 years old for the same reason - a bad update.)