Headphone output

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone suggest an appointment (or otherwise) which will do a good job of increasing the headphone output?
I use a pair of AKG K550's for domestic HiFi as they are awesome. However the G4 output is lacking in power to drive them directly from the phone.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

DCTF

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Take care with your hearing! I use earbuds for day to day use and take my Focal Spirit Professionals from my studio work for flights etc. I just tried my set plugged into my G4, and the upper end of the volume was plenty loud enough (i.e. I could feel that any more than that would be bad for me, and even that high end is potentially dangerous for extended listening periods).

Did your phone autocorrect "application" to "appointment"? There are apps that contain "loudness enhancers", which will be compressor/limiter effects that squash the signal and raise it back to the normal maximum. They tend to introduce subtle distortion that can make the signals more tiring and riskier for your health, but if you want to give that a go then you could try something like Equalizer FX (it's free). The Shuttle+ player has an Equalizer page that makes a big difference (flick on the switch in the top right - it's off by default), with Bass Boost and Virtualizer Strength sliders.

Aside from apps, you'd be looking at hardware miniature amps such as UAmp. Check out reviews and see what you think.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I play through JetAudio (no space between the words) and/or Avia Media players and do rather well on a Note 4.
Play Store.
I have never found any baked in media player on any device, phone or tablet, that works as well as I want them to.
I'm also a musician, so I look outside of the box immediately.

Hindude

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Cheers guys. Will try out your suggestions.
Yes bloody, predictive text, can make one look rather foolish if not spotted??😒

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamaicanater

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Black player has an amplifier option to increase volume if that what you are trying to do. [Would not do that for long as it could damage your device]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty