Help with "phone cloud"

Zapme2

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I've searched high and low, plenty of info on duplicate contacts but this has a twist. I use gmail for contacts and they are all merged and clean. The issue is that on my phone when I pull up a contact and hit edit, I see a single entry for Google but multiple entries for phone cloud (white phone icon)as well as a single entry for cars in cloud (red cloud icon).
No option to delete all these phone cloud entries. I tried changing one of those to Google. I then had 2 google entries. I merged those 2 which was fine, back to 1 google entry. However it created an addtional phone cloud entry.
Why is this happening, more importantly how can I clean this up?
I appreciate one or more of you geniuses responses.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can set it up to only show the Google contacts by going into contacts tab, 3 dot menu, contact settings, contacts to display. Choose your Google account.

It's most likely happening because you are syncing your contacts with multiple accounts. You can change that in settings, accounts and go through each one and select for contacts to only sync with your Google account.

Zapme2

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Guess I did not specify that I only see one contact at a time since I have already merged them. But when you hit the edit button, for my wife for example, there is 5 phone cloud entries, one google entry and one version cloud entry. Anyway, looks like a tedious process to fix, been playing with her entry and I can separate her out and then deleted all the entries one by one except google. That's just going to be a pain to do for all my contacts. Its only on my phone, contacts in googleail are ok.

Zapme2

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, it was time consuming but I did get it done. Couple of things; There should be a way to separate all contacts just as easy as merging, geez... From the behaviour of the days I observed as I was doing this, I've come to the conclusion that these were all ghost images of the vz cloud as a remnant of me trying to move my contacts from my old phone to this one. I say this because once I cleaned a contact all entries other than the google icon disappeared including the vz red cloud icon that was previously there. So, my recommendation is only use Google as the sync for contacts and restore from there when you get a new phone. Amen

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member