When will I get Marshmallow

starbuck88

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
On a repaired G4 with a new 6xx serial number.

No OTA update and when I use LG Bridge still says no OS update available?

I know there seems to be pros and cons of going to marshamallow, just wandering why I haven't got the option yet?

Cheers

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
On a repaired G4 with a new 6xx serial number.
No OTA update and when I use LG Bridge still says no OS update available?
Cheers

Is yours carrier branded? Rooted? What repair was done?

I'd reboot the phone and check. Then I'd go into the phone app, dial *#*#2432546#*#* and then in setting check again. Then I'd reboot. Then I'd go into Settings>Applications, Find Google Services Framework, Clear Data, and check again. At any point if that works, don't do the rest! Haha

starbuck88

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
No it's a sim free model. It had the 505 mainboard issue so they replaced the mainboard with a 6XX one.

I've checked for update on the phone and bridge.

starbuck88

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Is yours carrier branded? Rooted? What repair was done?

I'd reboot the phone and check. Then I'd go into the phone app, dial *#*#2432546#*#* and then in setting check again. Then I'd reboot. Then I'd go into Settings>Applications, Find Google Services Framework, Clear Data, and check again. At any point if that works, don't do the rest! Haha

Still no luck :(

What does the *#*#2432546#*#* actually do?

After I did something and rebooted it asked if Google was allowed to see me location.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck :(

What does the *#*#2432546#*#* actually do?

After I did something and rebooted it asked if Google was allowed to see me location.

The dialer is a 'checkin' code which forces it to check up on a few things and clear out a few things that would otherwise prevent you from getting the update.

I'd guess you'll have to be patient. Follow the instructions and eventually you'll see it. Assuming the repair didn't block it from LG's OTAs

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I wish I had your luck...MM was a huge mistake for my phone....Garbage IMO.

Still not sorted out? Sorry to hear that. I would do another factory reset and only add the essential apps and see how the battery life is. Sorry to hear.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Still not sorted out? Sorry to hear that. I would do another factory reset and only add the essential apps and see how the battery life is. Sorry to hear.

I still lose bits of information when I FDR, much of it I depend on for my business so I'll just pass but thanks. You'd think the developers would have sorted out their mess by now. I really don't have too many apps anyway since I use phones primarily for business...all have been purchased through the Play Store.

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Update using the latest kdz fur your phone using lg up.. Easy to do and risk free.. On v20f at the moment and the phones never been better.