unknown icon in status bar

alinik64

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

There is an unknown icon in my status bar. Please see the picture
phone forum.png

In this mode phone assumes there is some headphone plugged in.
It goes away when I plug in and out the headphone. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen that icon before on my G3... I would try Googling that and seeing what comes up. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it! Doesn't seem like a bad thing - but, yes, a weird thing. This just started happening, I'm assuming?

Posted via the Android Central App

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I get that when I connect my G4 to an external speaker or wired input to my car stereo (have to use a wire to get past the G4's intermittent BT failures).

What would more concerning for me would be why that indicator started showing up when nothing is connected to the phone. You said that it disappears when you insert and remove a headphone plug. How long does it take to reappear?

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
There may be pocket lint or something in the headphone jack making contact with the jack prongs. Try cleaning out the headphone jack.

David

alinik64

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you folks for all the suggestions. Actually sometimes during phone calls suddenly audio goes off and I can not hear the other person's voice. At the same time this icon appears and if I plug in the headphone into the headphone jack I can continue the conversation.
Just wanted to check and see if any of you had this problem before?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Based on what you said about the audio sometimes switching from the device earpiece to the headphone, I'd lean toward an intermittent short, which is a hardware problem. If the phone is still under warranty, I'd look to having it replaced.

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have never seen that icon before on my G3... I would try Googling that and seeing what comes up. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it! Doesn't seem like a bad thing - but, yes, a weird thing. This just started happening, I'm assuming?

Posted via the Android Central App

At the very least, I'd like to know, as it may be something that's unnecessarily taking up battery you don't need. If nothing else, it may be a neat new feature you never knew about.

Not sure how good reverse image searches are, but perhaps cropping it down to just that icon would help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38