G4 overheated and is now stuck in boot loop

trashford

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I searched the forums and didn't find anything to my specific issue.

I was enjoying time in my pool today and left my phone (Verizon G4 VS986) in the shade wrapped in a towel. When I got out I grabbed my phone and it was stuck on the LG logo boot screen. I went inside,pulled the battery, put the battery back in and plugged the phone into the charger. It showed the normal "off" charging screen with the battery % (75%-ish) but also said something along the lines of "your phone overheated and shut down". I tried to power on the phone but it was stuck in a boot loop ranging from just the LG screen for naybe 30 seconds to sometimes showing the red Verizon screen then back to the LG boot screen.

Any suggestions? I am willing to do a factory reset- I am able to access the bootloader screen upon pulling the battery and holding the power+volume down button. Does anyone know if that will resolve the issue or is it a hardware malfunction?

Edit: Upon further tinkering sometimes it doesn't even boot loop. The phone just stays on the "LG- Life is good" screen without restarting the boot up.

nik19605

Banned
Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I would say it is dead, sounds like you have the boot loop issue. If you have Verizon's protection plan tell them it went into bootloop and they will replace it for free according to a previous post. I definitely would not mention why it went into the bootloop in case they might say it was your fault and not honor the plan.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non