I loved my G4 (rip)

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Boot loader. Didn't believe it would happen to me. 14 months (2 past warranty). Verizon said 'sorry' you are beyond the warranty. Took me 2+ hours on the phone to convince them (10+ year customer etc). They finally agreed to send me a new phone. Given a choice I took a free v10. I know that the v10 is also susceptible to boot failure. If the v10 fails it's good bye LG. This is a manufacturing defect. At least Samsung backed up their customers when the batteries began to explode. (thanks for listening to my rant.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Everyone says "I've had no problems with my G4". Then they say "It happened to me". Sorry for your loss. I'm on #3 with this one being repaired by LG once.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Boot loader. Didn't believe it would happen to me. 14 months (2 past warranty). Verizon said 'sorry' you are beyond the warranty. Took me 2+ hours on the phone to convince them (10+ year customer etc). They finally agreed to send me a new phone. Given a choice I took a free v10. I know that the v10 is also susceptible to boot failure. If the v10 fails it's good bye LG. This is a manufacturing defect. At least Samsung backed up their customers when the batteries began to explode. (thanks for listening to my rant.

No offense....but comparing an out of date warranty to a brand new phone just released having serious problems.....isn't a fair critique of a manufacturer.

Though it is a widely know fact of the boot loop problem with these phones. I feel your paid though as I luv my G4....dreading the day this may happen to me.