LG G5 battery removal for a bubbled battery that won't come out

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

how to get a battery out; overcharged to heat and bubble i can guess.
The back button does not work any long with extra pressure from the battery. The bottom piece comes out but battery does not. It appears its a one piece frame and the top glass does not separate from the case; that is also one piece. A way to suck out the battery; somehow. Anyone surely must have this problem before.
yes poor frame design; Should be two piece to remove the back also.
Magnet on the battery; Special tool to slip in; super thin to yank it out ?
Now I have to use app's to turn off display and restart/ shut down the phone. Lucky there !

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A "bubbled battery?" That sounds like it's swollen, which can be dangerous to handle.

Personally, I would take it to a repair shop and let them handle it. If you start poking and prodding it, you could puncture the battery and cause a fire.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A "bubbled battery?" That sounds like it's swollen, which can be dangerous to handle.

Personally, I would take it to a repair shop and let them handle it. If you start poking and prodding it, you could puncture the battery and cause a fire.

I agree. A bubbled battery truly sounds dangerous. Do not attempt to tamper with it, and do not leave your phone unattended. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch