LG G5 hands on

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Had a hands-on experience today, a tad dissapointed. The unibody doesn't really feel solid to be honest. I'm currently using the S7 edge, not a fanboy of any manufacturer but I think LG's selling point for the G5 would be for the modular concept. Not for the looks or usability.

In-hand feel, not liking it. I used the Gflex 2, G4 and v10 all of them were solid phones with great in-hand comfort (especially the v10).

UI is great though, less clunky. Really like the wide angle rear facing camera, but I think I'm spoilt by S7's low light and quick focus capability.

Just my two cents worth.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW: If Cnet's been using the same model I've been using for a couple weeks, it's not banded for the US at all. Don't take battery claims seriously yet.

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Had a hands-on experience today, a tad dissapointed. The unibody doesn't really feel solid to be honest. I'm currently using the S7 edge, not a fanboy of any manufacturer but I think LG's selling point for the G5 would be for the modular concept. Not for the looks or usability.

In-hand feel, not liking it. I used the Gflex 2, G4 and v10 all of them were solid phones with great in-hand comfort (especially the v10).

UI is great though, less clunky. Really like the wide angle rear facing camera, but I think I'm spoilt by S7's low light and quick focus capability.

Just my two cents worth.

Lol I find it a bit funny that I think the opposite since I think it feels solid and only the G4 has a better feel in hand compare to the other LG phones. That's just my opinion of course.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
FWIW: If Cnet's been using the same model I've been using for a couple weeks, it's not banded for the US at all. Don't take battery claims seriously yet.

Why CNET? I wouldn't take battery claims serious until the retail model has been out for at least a week since I'm not sure how old my demo unit was.

Posted via the Android Central App