Weird phone issue this morning. Thoughts?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Any thoughts on what caused this. Phone was on all night. Never restarted and I did nothing but silent it when I went to bed. Got up and for a couple hours I had the phone with me in the house and it seemed to be working fine, Took the dog out for a ride and it was fine. Fast forward a couple more hours I jump in my truck and the phone is not connecting to Android Auto. Kept checking the truck screen and no connection. Took me a bit but a message popped up that DO NOT Disturb (or something similar) needed to be turned off so I did that. Still no success. Checked settings and found my Bluetooth was off. I know for a fact I touched none of these in the short time I was up. Any idea what happened to the phone to cause this?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Any thoughts on what caused this. Phone was on all night. Never restarted and I did nothing but silent it when I went to bed. Got up and for a couple hours I had the phone with me in the house and it seemed to be working fine, Took the dog out for a ride and it was fine. Fast forward a couple more hours I jump in my truck and the phone is not connecting to Android Auto. Kept checking the truck screen and no connection. Took me a bit but a message popped up that DO NOT Disturb (or something similar) needed to be turned off so I did that. Still no success. Checked settings and found my Bluetooth was off. I know for a fact I touched none of these in the short time I was up. Any idea what happened to the phone to cause this?
Ah, a riddle wrapped in an enigma.
How about another hint? Avg travel speed? Auto update for Playstore is on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any power-saving modes turned on, or set to turn on automatically under certain circumstances?

It can also be somewhat easy to accidentally toggle things off if the phone screen accidentally comes on in your pocket, and then a series of unintentional screen touches ends up causing the Quick Settings panel to come down and the Bluetooth toggle to be tapped.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Any power-saving modes turned on, or set to turn on automatically under certain circumstances?

It can also be somewhat easy to accidentally toggle things off if the phone screen accidentally comes on in your pocket, and then a series of unintentional screen touches ends up causing the Quick Settings panel to come down and the Bluetooth toggle to be tapped.
Been there done that 😄

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

I've not turned any power-saving modes on so I don't think this is it. The end thing you mention is certainly possible but I try and close the screen before it goes into my pocket but who knows.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've not turned any power-saving modes on so I don't think this is it. The end thing you mention is certainly possible but I try and close the screen before it goes into my pocket but who knows.
Oh yeah, I always turn my screen off as well before it goes in my pocket, but it still sometimes comes on in my pocket. It might be due to a notification, or perhaps an unintentional screen touch that turns into a tap-to-wake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter