Pros and Cons of LG G5

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
pros? Fast ,wide angle, loud speakers

cons? Hard to look for a case that doesn't obstruct wide angle, hard to look for screen protector, the gap of body and module, always on option very dim under sunlight, sharp edges, theres a cosmetic flaw on mine

Those are my gripes. Check your store and play with it or ask your friend to let u check it out. Good luck! :)

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

cons? Hard to look for a case that doesn't obstruct wide angle, hard to look for screen protector, the gap of body and module, always on option very dim under sunlight, sharp edges, theres a cosmetic flaw on mine

Those are my gripes. Check your store and play with it or ask your friend to let u check it out. Good luck! :)

How is the always on screen being dim under sunlight a con? If you're out in the sun and using your phone, wouldn't you just turn the screen on?

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had my G5 for 3 days and I'm telling you I love this phone. I've had almost every brand in my hand at one time or another and this phone is just sick. I can't come up with a flaw yet.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough.

I just wish this phone had a bigger screen or smaller bezels. They made the screen smaller and the bezels bigger. That's my biggest gripe. Gonna finally bite the bullet, though.

QashouRam

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Pros
Blazing fast - Maybe the fastest smartphone ever

Loud speaker

High Quality audio over headphone jack

Great display - stunning natural colors

Main camera is simply brilliant wide angle is awesome

The software is excellent it has many useful features yet remaining simplistic and pretty

Cons
Design isnt everyone's cup of tea

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Im liking the phone so far don't get me wrong but the thing I'm finding troubling is how warm the phone gets in short bursts... For me anyway. It seems to fluctuate. I've been trying to monitor how hot it's getting. I'm not sure what the average temperature is suppose to be, but like I said it can get warm with minimal use. Perhaps my G5 is defective.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I've been really thinking about getting an LG G5. One of my friends has it and she really likes it. Anyone with one have pros and cons of this phone?

My phone has none of the reported issues. I am very happy with it. No complaints. I love this phone. I've had it since June 3rd and still can't put it down.

The only negative thing about the G5 for me is the lack of "Friends". I wish I could get ahold of the B&O module. If I could get that it would be the perfect phone.

One thing...

Don't listen to the bs. And, yes, check the phone over before you leave the store just in case.

And "Frosty the white boy". Don't concern yourself with the warming. I obviously can't say for sure that your phone is not defective but my phone gets warm from time to time. It's a pretty powerful device so getting warm is normal.

Last edited:

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
My phone has none of the reported issues. I am very happy with it. No complaints. I love this phone. I've had it since June 3rd and still can't put it down.

The only negative thing about the G5 for me is the lack of "Friends". I wish I could get ahold of the B&O module. If I could get that it would be the perfect phone.

One thing...

Don't listen to the bs. And, yes, check the phone over before you leave the store just in case.

And "Frosty the white boy". Don't concern yourself with the warming. I obviously can't say for sure that your phone is not defective but my phone gets warm from time to time. It's a pretty powerful device so getting warm is normal.

Yea me too. There's a lot of potential for expansion with that port but only 2 devices? I'm totally nitpicking though. It's so awesome right out of the box.

drenco

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Id go on record and say its Easily the most underrated/best value Flagship Android smartphone of 2016 period, and because of the BS wildly inaccurate reviews this phone has had it can got on some amazing deals all over the place.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Diztronic Case works great and doesn't obstruct the cameras.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Love my G5.
Pros: Blazing fast, size works great for me, battery has been great for me even though people talk smack about the battery, cameras are awesome and radios are some of the strongest with best signal out there as it still is a phone. The build is solid and I do use a slim case.

Cons: wish the volume buttons were on the back still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez