02-27-2017 06:57 PM
26 12
tools
    Just found this article...

LG V30 rumored to sport Snapdragon 835, 6 GB RAM and dual front and back cameras

Sounds to me like a good reason to wait for the V30 but what do u all think?
    02-17-2017 12:40 PM
    Probably, yes.
    quadtronix likes this.
    02-17-2017 12:54 PM
    Yea, I just might wait for the v30...Faster chip and probably ship with the latest new Android OS..Phone going to be a monster
    02-17-2017 11:48 PM
    If it has a 5.7in or larger screen and wireless charging it might be worth waiting for.
    02-19-2017 11:23 AM
    If you have a V20 there is no real reason to jump to the G6 unless you want water proofing. I'll wait for the V30 but I'm very happy in the V20 right now and would have to have a solid reason to jump.
    02-19-2017 06:53 PM
    If you have a V20 there is no real reason to jump to the G6 unless you want water proofing. I'll wait for the V30 but I'm very happy in the V20 right now and would have to have a solid reason to jump.
    Agreed! The V20 is still a beast in its own right and the benefits of the SD 835 are yet to be seen. For me to upgrade it would have to retain the second screen and come with the newest Android OS out of the box, presumably Android O?? But there's not much I would change about the V20. As far as the G6 is concerned, without a second screen or any discernable benefits over the V20 its a no-go for me... By the time the V30 is announced, ill have about half of my V20 paid off by then and can probably trade it in for a discount on paying it off fully and get the V30 at a decent price. For me, that seems like the move. That or maybe the Samsung folding phone. At this point, who knows... Alot can change in a year.
    02-20-2017 06:56 AM
    I don't think the G6 is meant to be an upgrade to the V20. I'd rather expect it to be an upgrade to the G5.
    02-20-2017 07:22 AM
    Agreed! The V20 is still a beast in its own right and the benefits of the SD 835 are yet to be seen. For me to upgrade it would have to retain the second screen and come with the newest Android OS out of the box, presumably Android O?? But there's not much I would change about the V20. As far as the G6 is concerned, without a second screen or any discernable benefits over the V20 its a no-go for me... By the time the V30 is announced, ill have about half of my V20 paid off by then and can probably trade it in for a discount on paying it off fully and get the V30 at a decent price. For me, that seems like the move. That or maybe the Samsung folding phone. At this point, who knows... Alot can change in a year.
    I forgot about the second screen....love that feature
    02-20-2017 07:48 AM
    I don't think the G6 is meant to be an upgrade to the V20. I'd rather expect it to be an upgrade to the G5.
    True.... Its like a G5 with a DAC.
    02-20-2017 07:49 AM
    That's probably true from a technical stand point, but if LG is marketing the G6 as its new flagship smartphone then it should theoretically surpass the V20 in specs/performance/features, a 5-6 month old phone... Whether that's the case, I doubt it but I guess that's up for debate. But like I said, I see no reason to "upgrade" from the V20 to the G6, whether its marketed as the new flagship or not. Its looking more and more to me like the V series is the new flagship while the G series is looking less so...
    tsarcams and Carrtman like this.
    02-20-2017 09:47 AM
    That's probably true from a technical stand point, but if LG is marketing the G6 as its new flagship smartphone then it should theoretically surpass the V20 in specs/performance/features, a 5-6 month old phone... Whether that's the case, I doubt it but I guess that's up for debate. But like I said, I see no reason to "upgrade" from the V20 to the G6, whether its marketed as the new flagship or not. Its looking more and more to me like the V series is the new flagship while the G series is looking less so...
    Are they actually marketing the G6 as their new flagship?

I love how LG asks people to sign up to be the first to get info on the G6. They did that with the G5 and V20 and I don't recall them sending pre Intel to anyone.
    quadtronix likes this.
    02-20-2017 10:26 AM
    I just assumed that the G6 was supposed to be the new flagship phone... I guess it might not be. Maybe its like the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge was to the Note 7.... I guess in that case they were all supposed to be flagships... Lol!
    MittenSportsFan likes this.
    02-20-2017 10:49 AM
    the V series seems to be the flagship series, while the G series is more of a testing phase. the G5 had the gimmicky mods that we never saw or heard from again, while the V10 felt like more of a natural successor to the G4. while the G6 is looking to be a G5 with a metal body and DAC, both features borrowed from the V10 & V20 respectively. after getting confirmation that the G6 will have a non-removable battery, I'm more inclined than ever to wait for the V30, possibly the Note 8 if expandable storage is still an option, instead of wasting an upgrade on a phone that isn't truly an upgrade. full disclosure, i know the note 8 will probably have a non-removable battery, but i still feel cheated about my note 7...

I don't understand why LG insists on carrying dual flagship lines when they don't make them distinctive from each other.
    quadtronix likes this.
    02-20-2017 10:51 AM
    the V series seems to be the flagship series, while the G series is more of a testing phase. the G5 had the gimmicky mods that we never saw or heard from again, while the V10 felt like more of a natural successor to the G4. while the G6 is looking to be a G5 with a metal body and DAC, both features borrowed from the V10 & V20 respectively. after getting confirmation that the G6 will have a non-removable battery, I'm more inclined than ever to wait for the V30, possibly the Note 8 if expandable storage is still an option, instead of wasting an upgrade on a phone that isn't truly an upgrade. full disclosure, i know the note 8 will probably have a non-removable battery, but i still feel cheated about my note 7...

I don't understand why LG insists on carrying dual flagship lines when they don't make them distinctive from each other.
    The G Series and V Series are like the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Note Series.
    Both Flagship level phones with slightly different features released at different times of the year.
    The V Series is the larger media focused phone while the G is the volume model.
    The V30 will like approach 6.0" in screen size just as rumors of Note 8 also being that size without substantial increase in actual dimensions of phone.
    Aquila likes this.
    02-21-2017 11:32 AM
    I'd agree calling the G series the mainstream consumer device and the V series the niche market.
    02-21-2017 11:34 AM
    It's sad to hear the V20 isn't doing so well, I really liked that second screen idea so I hope that stays. I'd buy the V20 over the G5 now for what that's worth.
    02-21-2017 11:52 AM
    Just found this article...

LG V30 rumored to sport Snapdragon 835, 6 GB RAM and dual front and back cameras

Sounds to me like a good reason to wait for the V30 but what do u all think?
    You know, i was just getting happy and content with buying the G6. Now i go and read that silly article and now i want the V30 lol Didn't know taking selfies with dual front facing cameras was that important haha.
    tsarcams and quadtronix like this.
    02-21-2017 12:03 PM
    It never ends....no sooner do they release something.... Then they tease us with a sequel.
    02-21-2017 12:12 PM
    I really grew to like my V20, but will most likely get the G6. I loved the G4, wasn't pleased with the V10, and dismissed the G5 outright. I am very interested in the 5.7 inch screen in a much more manageable phone size. Never use the second screen, didn't really use it on the 10 either so I won't miss that.
    02-23-2017 08:18 PM
    This sounds like a wonderful device! Looking forward to seeing it in person!
    ajb1965 likes this.
    02-23-2017 08:34 PM
    Here's the thing, having two "flagship" phones per year since the V10 seemed like a dumb idea to me. Samsung can pull that off, but LG is never going to pull those kind of sales off to keep justifying two per year, at least if they really want to make money. The V20 was a huge step up from the V10 IMO and the G5 was weird with the mods, but really a solid phone. Stick with one thing and do it well. This split makes LG look like they are completely unsettled without any real vision for what they want their flagship line to look like.
    02-25-2017 08:08 PM
    Here's the thing, having two "flagship" phones per year since the V10 seemed like a dumb idea to me. Samsung can pull that off, but LG is never going to pull those kind of sales off to keep justifying two per year, at least if they really want to make money. The V20 was a huge step up from the V10 IMO and the G5 was weird with the mods, but really a solid phone. Stick with one thing and do it well. This split makes LG look like they are completely unsettled without any real vision for what they want their flagship line to look like.
    I would normally agree but there are people out there not buying LG because they don't offer a water resistant phone so maybe this is a good thing for them. Hopefully they don't go to a sealed unit with the V30
    02-25-2017 09:34 PM
    This sounds like a wonderful device! Looking forward to seeing it in person!
    Looks like we will have to wait till April before we can get our hands on this. I think it's worth the wait. It looks just as awesome as the leaks portrayed.

Not sure about the price yet but hopefully my pocket will be able to handle the diet hahaha.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-26-2017 05:33 AM
    Looks like we will have to wait till April before we can get our hands on this. I think it's worth the wait. It looks just as awesome as the leaks portrayed.

Not sure about the price yet but hopefully my pocket will be able to handle the diet hahaha.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away
    Oh noes! But the wait will definitely be worth it, as you've said! More time for them to add tweaks and make it even better!

And LOOL I know what you mean! I may switch back to LG in a year or two if I like what I see! It's a big phone but I get that it's a different feel and size because of the screen. Guess we'll have to hold it and see for ourselves!
    02-26-2017 04:59 PM
    Yes, you ought to wait for the V30.

It's kinda like the Note 3 vs the S4
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-26-2017 06:31 PM
26 12