So just got my g6 today and I notice what I consider annoying lag. If I'm scrolling through webpages or even apps like Facebook it doesn't move smoothly...it seems to stutter and be choppy...plus I've noticed sometimes too even when I'm typing it'll take longer to open say the keyboard or it'll pause for a split second between typing and the words showing...my g5 flows so much smoother plus my g5s screen is much cooler (this g6 screen is very warm/yellowish but I guess that varies from phone to phone.) So I was just wondering if that's just how it is...plus I've noticed sometimes my touches don't recognize if I touch an app to open it...I have a glass screen protector on it so thought it might be that but I doubt it...
    04-02-2017 02:37 AM
    You may have a defective device. This is the first report I've seen regarding screen heat. I've not had any lag, and if others experienced that as well, this would probably be the first place they would let everyone know about it.
    04-02-2017 08:47 AM
    Go into battery and make sure battery saver is turned off.
    04-02-2017 10:04 AM
    So just got my g6 today and I notice what I consider annoying lag. If I'm scrolling through webpages or even apps like Facebook it doesn't move smoothly...it seems to stutter and be choppy...plus I've noticed sometimes too even when I'm typing it'll take longer to open say the keyboard or it'll pause for a split second between typing and the words showing...my g5 flows so much smoother plus my g5s screen is much cooler (this g6 screen is very warm/yellowish but I guess that varies from phone to phone.) So I was just wondering if that's just how it is...plus I've noticed sometimes my touches don't recognize if I touch an app to open it...I have a glass screen protector on it so thought it might be that but I doubt it...
    My G6 exhibits none of the symptoms that you mention. Sounds like a defective device.
    04-02-2017 10:06 AM
    You may have a defective device. This is the first report I've seen regarding screen heat. I've not had any lag, and if others experienced that as well, this would probably be the first place they would let everyone know about it.
    As the screen does seem a bit warm in terms of heat towards the top of the screen (I notice the phone seems to hover around like 98° when being used for simple stuff) I meant warm as in the color of the screen. I downloaded an app that fixed the color adjustment tho I don't want to run an app in that background to get the coloring right for where it should be. Perhaps I'll contact att and exchange it after I try a factory reset. Even if I do happen to fix the stutter the screen color being so much on the yellow side warm side vrs the cooler blue side...really bothers me for some reason
    04-02-2017 10:50 AM
    My G6 got stuck once and wouldn't do anything. Couldnt even turn it off. But eventually it fixed itself and has been fine since. It was most likely a rogue app. Otherwise it has been fine.
    04-02-2017 12:02 PM
    I had the exact same issues. Sent the phone back and went back to my iPhone 7 Plus.
    04-03-2017 02:16 AM
    I've read about touch responsiveness issues in some reviews (though many write it off as a bug that should get a software fix). But scroll latency is a new one.
    04-03-2017 09:42 AM
    So far no lag from my perspective. I used it a lot this weekend to take a ton of photos and listen to music / talk on the phone while in the truck .
    04-03-2017 10:43 AM
    I had some pretty substantial lag and phone getting really hot. So I did a FDR and did not restore from a back up this time and it is loads better. If if happens again though, I will be returning it.
    04-03-2017 12:50 PM
    I had the exact same issues. Sent the phone back and went back to my iPhone 7 Plus.
    I am having the same issues. I am about to return mine...I must be spoiled by the smoothness of OP 3T.
    04-03-2017 05:14 PM
    Mine is going back. I have lag when i touch an icon. The google assistant is very flakey
    04-05-2017 07:29 PM
    I exchanged mine and the new one is much better...
    04-05-2017 10:06 PM
    Early adopters always are at higher risk of faulty units.
    04-05-2017 10:35 PM
    Yep. I returned mine today. Just dropped it off at UPS. The lag returned on mine. I can deal with the occasional lag. But getting completely stuck is another. Even after a factory reset it returned. I just returned it and went with the Pixel XL. Maybe I'll get another when the bugs get ironed out. I'm sure it's just the early software.
    04-05-2017 11:06 PM
    Good luck using your G6 while it's downloading and installing updates from the Play Store. Holy choke, Batman!
    04-06-2017 07:01 AM
    My iPhone 7 had issues so I got the G6
    bigal77 likes this.
    04-06-2017 07:06 AM
    I've had mine for 2 days, I have had zero lag issues (knock on wood). Every Android phone I've had, I do turn off all animation in the developer options so not sure if that helps or not.
    04-06-2017 09:07 AM
    Mine lagged a bit as well. More noticeable while playing pokemon go where it was almost impossible to throw a pokeball. In comparison to my 7 plus and even my pixel XL it was extremely annoying. tried a reset but returned a few days ago when the lagged persisted.
    04-06-2017 11:13 AM
    I am having same issues mentioned by you. Did you find any solution?
    07-15-2017 12:03 PM
    Overall i didn't notice any lags after switching the animations scales to .5 the only thing i did notice is that it seems i have less sensitivity on the screen compared to my s8 but i blame the screen protector on it (didn't buy it new traded it for my s8 with someone) i could be crazy too but overall no performance issue on mine.
    07-15-2017 12:55 PM