V20 or G6?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
And one that didn't crack the top 5 phones sold that year. Again, the minority.

I wasn't implying that the Maxx sold or didn't sell in the top.... Just how long ago the Droid was using 32GB. Anyway, for people that are happy with 32GB it's a great phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't implying that the Maxx sold or didn't sell in the top.... Just how long ago the Droid was using 32GB. Anyway, for people that are happy with 32GB it's a great phone.
I understand, just trying to explain that companies aren't going to jump on board as quickly as we'd like since we are in the minority. That's why the G6 has a 32gb capacity, because the majority don't care. Now that Samsung went 64 ai think it will be the norm from here on out.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think they're playing the odds. Most people aren't like us. I don't think the masses realize the benefits of more memory or how much memory is used by the system.

The phrase "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think they're playing the odds. Most people aren't like us. I don't think the masses realize the benefits of more memory or how much memory is used by the system.

The phrase "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind lol

Posted via the Android Central App
Well I think most don't fill up their phone nearly as much. Lost are fine with internal and the option for SD solves any storage issues they may have.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I agree with this guy except for the appeal of the long aspect ratio :)

Lol, i think it's more about having something new and exciting than actually liking the new aspect ratio. I just love trying out new things. Im sure after the craze has died down a bit ill go back to loving my trusty 16:9 :)

All depends on what content creators choose. If they start making 18:9 the new 'standard' then ill definitely move to the G6 but if they continue to provide 16:9 for the next few years then ill stay with what we have now on most smartphone :)

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded directly from the V20. Main reason was design. It was feeling too big and clunky, I got tired of the big bezels and plastic top and bottom. But the worst thing was the removable back... After a few months it was slightly loose and creaky. The plastic that touched the metal at the seem got... grinded a little bit? It made a visible gap. The thing felt cheap after a while. This G6 is like 100 times more premium and best of all no stupid removable parts!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded directly from the V20. Main reason was design. It was feeling too big and clunky, I got tired of the big bezels and plastic top and bottom. But the worst thing was the removable back... After a few months it was slightly loose and creaky. The plastic that touched the metal at the seem got... grinded a little bit? It made a visible gap. The thing felt cheap after a while. This G6 is like 100 times more premium and best of all no stupid removable parts!

That's the first time I've heard a complaint about the removable back causing an issue..... Mine was one of the original pre-orders and it looks mint.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
That's the first time I've heard a complaint about the removable back causing an issue..... Mine was one of the original pre-orders and it looks mint.

Every time the thing fell from more than an inch or two it was like a bomb exploding... Back pops off, battery goes flying, all three pieces rattling around, everyone in the vicinity stops and looks like "ouch." Kind of embarrassing, like having a budget phone from 2012. It could take a beating though I'll give it that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Every time the thing fell from more than an inch or two it was like a bomb exploding... Back pops off, battery goes flying, all three pieces rattling around, everyone in the vicinity stops and looks like "ouch." Kind of embarrassing, like having a budget phone from 2012. It could take a beating though I'll give it that.

Dropped mine several times from 4 feet or less.... Never came apart

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
To jump in on the storage debate, as others have said, we're in the minority of phone owners. My Droid Turbo has 64GB, and with an 'average' number of apps (4 pages worth in the app drawer), rarely delete photos (even re-takes), and a good chunk of HQ music onboard, only 40gb are used. These days, people use streaming music predominantly over downloaded music (which includes streaming from a personal cloud) and don't utilize that many apps. So, I don't think the population at large has the need for more storage space right now.

With Samsung making 64 standard, it could sway the market, sure. However, many companies will look at it as something that people don't want so there will be no need to offer it in a base model.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I had the same debate. But for me it came down to the higher quality wide angle camera and newer phone will get more software updates. So I went with the G6. The size of the V20 also deterred me from getting it.

Newer phone by about 6 months. A moot point re software updates.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Removable battery, standard 64GB of internal storage, broader(?), and has a secondary display. People also say that it has a much better audio output than the G6.

You've quoted most of the reasons I will stick with the V20. The audio output is definitely much better, especially with a good headset.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried the V20 a few months ago when it was exclusive to Wind.

I love everything about, it should've been the successor to the LG G4. The only problem was the carrier, so I was forced return it.

When I upgraded to the moto Z, I wanted the V20 but Rogers wants $279 to upgrade while the Z is at $0.

Even when I got the G6 back on April 2 it cost more?!?! Rogers waited until after the G6 was released to drop it down to $0. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty