How slow is the camera on the release models?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading about lag in the camera app in pre-release models. Is that lag still there in the final version?

I primarily use my camera phones to take family pictures, which often involves kids running around in the living room. I had no issue with the iPhone 7 Plus's camera or the S7e's - is it comparable with those speed-wise?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had it on release and was not pleased with the shear amount of blurred photos and lag with zoom and the photo being captured. I really don't want a curved screen and I'm very interested still in this phone and would love to know if the concerns that were voiced commonly on here have been resolved.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this forum has been dead since the beginning.. I still go into the v20 forum everyone once in awhile.. But even that is.. I take it to mean that people don't have anything to complain about when it comes to their phones.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Or they simply don't like the G6 :) the S8 forum is buzzing. It's not a good sign that LG is already doing a 200$ trade-in program here in Switzerland.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Or they simply don't like the G6 :) the S8 forum is buzzing. It's not a good sign that LG is already doing a 200$ trade-in program here in Switzerland.

It's out stock ag every Verizon store near me with a ship to home only option that's 4 days out. And Best Buy only has one carrier version in black in stock. So it's not as dismal as you suggest.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's out stock ag every Verizon store near me with a ship to home only option that's 4 days out. And Best Buy only has one carrier version in black in stock. So it's not as dismal as you suggest.
A lack of stock says extremely little about how a device is doing on the market. New Blackberry's were always very rare and they only sold a handful.

It's not even on the market yet in Europe but it's already being heavily discounted. With the trade-in orogram, it's only 550$ without a contract.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think if people didn't like the phone, there would be much more complaining and more forums opening about things they don't like.. I think the lack there of is a sign of contentment. But I could be wrong. Haha.. The s8 forum is buzzing foreal though.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
A lack of stock says extremely little about how a device is doing on the market. New Blackberry's were always very rare and they only sold a handful.

It's not even on the market yet in Europe but it's already being heavily discounted. With the trade-in orogram, it's only 550$ without a contract.

I disagree. If Verizon and Best Buy both sold out and can't keep them in stock that says a lot.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading about lag in the camera app in pre-release models. Is that lag still there in the final version?

I primarily use my camera phones to take family pictures, which often involves kids running around in the living room. I had no issue with the iPhone 7 Plus's camera or the S7e's - is it comparable with those speed-wise?

I believe it is, my G6 camera app lags horribly. It's takes about 5 seconds to load, definitely not on par with the iPhone 7 I gave up to get the G6. I'll hang on to the G6 for another week or so and see if things change. It's not what I expect from a flagship device. Funny thing is that everything else about the G6 is fast. Going in and out of apps is fast, and I haven't experienced any other issues whatsoever, besides the camera app.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe it is, my G6 camera app lags horribly. It's takes about 5 seconds to load, definitely not on par with the iPhone 7 I gave up to get the G6. I'll hang on to the G6 for another week or so and see if things change. It's not what I expect from a flagship device. Funny thing is that everything else about the G6 is fast. Going in and out of apps is fast, and I haven't experienced any other issues whatsoever, besides the camera app.

I definitely don't have lag like you're describing, but it's definitely not quick.