Usb c cable jack tightness??

guitarmageddon

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
So I just got the G6 after moving over from the droid turbo. However, after buying a 6ft cable to charge with and comparing to the one that came with the phone, as well as my new car charger (all from Verizon) I'm seeing that some of the cables plug into the phone VERY tight. Worried this will screw up my jack. Is this a known issue? Returning the 6ft to verizon now to see if others are better.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So I just got the G6 after moving over from the droid turbo. However, after buying a 6ft cable to charge with and comparing to the one that came with the phone, as well as my new car charger (all from Verizon) I'm seeing that some of the cables plug into the phone VERY tight. Worried this will screw up my jack. Is this a known issue? Returning the 6ft to verizon now to see if others are better.

A known issue is an issue that the manufacturer has acknowledged and documented.
If the stock cable plugs in fine there is nothing wrong with phone and that automatically eliminates it from the realm of known issues
Quite often people misuse the term on blogs and forums to define a issue that is perceived as well known on the internet.
As already stated you should be fine.

guitarmageddon

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Right. The stock one plugs in fine. The question is that after repeated jamming of a plug "larger" than the hole is
does it have the potential for damaging the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa