S8+ vs LG G6 day-to-day performance (not benchmarks)

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've literally got 2 days left to get the G6 for 549 instead of 749.- Right now I have the S8+ and I've been seeing some major issues with it - one of them is that it constantly drops calls and the other one is performance. It just slows down after every reboot. I've already resorted to rebooting it twice a day, but man that's annoying.

So for those who've come from the S8+ - is the performance better on the LG G6?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I've literally got 2 days left to get the G6 for 549 instead of 749.- Right now I have the S8+ and I've been seeing some major issues with it - one of them is that it constantly drops calls and the other one is performance. It just slows down after every reboot. I've already resorted to rebooting it twice a day, but man that's annoying.

So for those who've come from the S8+ - is the performance better on the LG G6?
Sounds like you ha e a defective phone.. my s8+ I've had for 5weeks now and it's fantastic. It did have a couple small quirks that were resolved with wiping cache.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you ha e a defective phone.. my s8+ I've had for 5weeks now and it's fantastic. It did have a couple small quirks that were resolved with wiping cache.

The phone is fine - I had it exchanged 3 times because of the pink screen issue and every one of them was exactly the same. Seems to be a general issue with the Exynos version - but reading in this and other forums, there are plenty of people with the Qualcomm ones that also see lag and slow-downs.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have - I'm only interested in performance however and I've only seen about 2 posts about that - hence the question.

I have been using G6 since a month and phone just flies...butter smooth..no issues at all...phone just does everything throw at it...iam a happy G6 owner...i have 64gb version with hifi dac

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
At least you've got wireless charging. In Europe we have neither and only the 32gb version. And it retails for 749$

No kidding? I bought mine for $650, and shortly thereafter (just outside of my carrier's return window, of course), they lowered the price to $500.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
They're running a promo right now here where you can send in any old phone and get the G6 for 549.- instead of 749.-

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Assuming both phones aren't part of a defective batch, they should perform similarly.

The LG device runs an older processor, but there's very little difference in daily performance between the 2. The G6 might be more consistent as it doesn't have a bunch of services running in the background, however.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I had an s8 and s8+ and switched to the g6. Overall the phone is just smoother regardless of the older processor. Its just better optimized. Luckily I got my g6 for free with the tmobile BOGO that lasted 5 days. Got the check for the 2nd one before the 14 day return window ended so I just returned the second one and the check covered the cost of the 1st one.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had an s8 and s8+ and switched to the g6. Overall the phone is just smoother regardless of the older processor. Its just better optimized. Luckily I got my g6 for free with the tmobile BOGO that lasted 5 days. Got the check for the 2nd one before the 14 day return window ended so I just returned the second one and the check covered the cost of the 1st one.

While this thread is about S8 vs G6 performance, I felt the need to comment on your comment. While it's nice that you are enjoying the G6 and find the performance smoother (as some of us do), duping TMobile out of their BOGO offer doesn't add to the conversation at all. Don't be surprised if billing catches on retracts the offer by applying the full cost of the device to your bill. The BOGO promotion theoretically allowed subscribers to have each device for 50% off which is what alot of other carriers are offering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays