LG G6 Scratches?

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
It could have for them. I wouldn't accept scratches on my camera lens. That's a no go.

I know it has nothing to do with the g6 and sorry for that but....... LINDOW SAMA !!!!!!

Also only have 1 scratches on my camera lens no idea where it came from but i got my g6 from a trade with my s8+ (dosen't affect it's performance anyway).Most of the "scratches" i think i see are mostly dirt that's stuck on it.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Also only have 1 scratches on my camera lens no idea where it came from but i got my g6 from a trade with my s8+ (dosen't affect it's performance anyway).Most of the "scratches" i think i see are mostly dirt that's stuck on it.

You probably do not really have a scratch on your camera lens. As was pointed out to me, there seems to be some kind of coating on the camera glass. Either it's a bad design or a manufacturing error, but either way, it's soft and the scratch is probably only in the coating. You can buff it off (eventually it probably WILL happen in the field of view of one of the lenses and then it will cause visual effects). I got some polywatch polisher to do mine but haven't done it yet.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Have mine in case and tempered glass since 1st day, and thinking about getting tempered glass for the back camera.. It actually excist hahaahaha..

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
You probably do not really have a scratch on your camera lens. As was pointed out to me, there seems to be some kind of coating on the camera glass. Either it's a bad design or a manufacturing error, but either way, it's soft and the scratch is probably only in the coating. You can buff it off (eventually it probably WILL happen in the field of view of one of the lenses and then it will cause visual effects). I got some polywatch polisher to do mine but haven't done it yet.

I had one like that on my previous note 4 though i don't use a camera often so not really a biggy for me. Still dosen't affect my field of view but i highly doubt i'll get another one like that tbh. Will remember to polish it if something ever happens ! Thanks for that trick :p

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
people always say this when a new phone comes out and they treat it like crap. there has to be a manufacturing issue because I'm clumsy ah hell and don't take care of anything I own. the Samsung forum was full of these when the s8/s8+ came out. rocked a screen protector for a few weeks, took it off and not a single scratch had it since launch day.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
people always say this when a new phone comes out and they treat it like crap. there has to be a manufacturing issue because I'm clumsy ah hell and don't take care of anything I own. the Samsung forum was full of these when the s8/s8+ came out. rocked a screen protector for a few weeks, took it off and not a single scratch had it since launch day.

Yeah i've seen too many people complain over there about screen protectors that don't fit,stay on, or comes unstuck after only a couple days. Then these same people give up on those come back 2 days later on the s8 forums to complain they had scratches or broke the screen..... Kinda ironic imho (makes me glad i traded my s8+ tbh there's alot less issues on the g6 forums anyway XD)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I throw my phones in my purses so often, but I usually notice that they don't suffer any kind of damage at all, let alone serious damage. I've learned to "throw them in at my own risk," though, if they don't have a case or screen protector! Because my luck with hurting myself is bad lool, let alone a small scratch on my phone. 😜 But the chances are pretty small, unless you have tweasers or something lying around in your purse. 😂

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i've seen too many people complain over there about screen protectors that don't fit,stay on, or comes unstuck after only a couple days. Then these same people give up on those come back 2 days later on the s8 forums to complain they had scratches or broke the screen..... Kinda ironic imho (makes me glad i traded my s8+ tbh there's alot less issues on the g6 forums anyway XD)
It is pretty easy to have less issues when much less phones are sold. I love my S8+ and my G6.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I did love how the screen protector for my G6 fit -- without a hiccup. Made me feel more secure haha :p.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For clarification, this topic wasn't started about the camera lens scratches, but in response to the people who's devices looked like it spent time in a garbage disposal and they said they didn't do anything for it to look like that.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
It is pretty easy to have less issues when much less phones are sold. I love my S8+ and my G6.

I owned an s8+ previous to my g6 + numbers don't = less issues and not all thread are issues most of those are confused people switching from iphones (why samsung you ask ? because they're the only one making all that marketing to rival iphones so people see those as alternative. Again numbers don't mean alot exept to show off how many phones you've sold lg previously had bootloop issues which ALOT of people complained against but at least they seemed to have learned from it. Now compare that with samsung that not that long ago had an immense issue with their note 7 fiasco but when you look at it clearly they haven't learned **** why ? cause samsung fans don't care and are always gonna buy the "next big thing"

I still loved my s8+ but i can't support a company that can't learn from past mistake and can't innovate anymore, samsung is quickly becoming the next apple in the hopes of well..... passing them so to speak.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So.... what happened to the people saying this phone is build badly and scratches terribly easy?? Not the normal stuff, but there were people coming in here that looked like their phones went through garbage disposals from just being in their purse or pockets.. lol

There's a coating on the glass that prevents scratches (oleophobic coating). If user uses harsh materials to clean the screen (Windex, alcohol, etc.), the coating will come off and glass will scratch easily like normal glass. All phones will scratch eventually. You may not see it but hold it in direct sunlight and you'll see all the imperfections (just like someone's pores on their face).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's a coating on the glass that prevents scratches (oleophobic coating). If user uses harsh materials to clean the screen (Windex, alcohol, etc.), the coating will come off and glass will scratch easily like normal glass. All phones will scratch eventually. You may not see it but hold it in direct sunlight and you'll see all the imperfections (just like someone's pores on their face).

Oleophobic coatings do not prevent scratches. I don't know where you get some of your information but its incorrect. Oleophobic coatings resist finger prints. Oleo is a term used for oils

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No scratches for me but I put a case and tempered glass screen protector before walking out the AT&T store.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Oleophobic coatings do not prevent scratches. I don't know where you get some of your information but its incorrect. Oleophobic coatings resist finger prints. Oleo is a term used for oils

There is a layer on these phones. A typical untreated glass is very easy to scratch. Otherwise, all phones would be a scratched mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez