Stupid question...

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just received my G6 today. Won't have time to do much with it until later, but...

Does the phone ship with a protective cover of some sort on the back? There's a screen protector on front, of course, but the back feels different from what I was expecting (I know it's glass), so wondering if there's something there that I'm not seeing.

Like I said...Stupid question, but I couldn't help looking at the edges to see if there was something to peel away....

Jorge Amorim

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Just received my G6 today. Won't have time to do much with it until later, but...

Does the phone ship with a protective cover of some sort on the back? There's a screen protector on front, of course, but the back feels different from what I was expecting (I know it's glass), so wondering if there's something there that I'm not seeing.

Like I said...Stupid question, but I couldn't help looking at the edges to see if there was something to peel away....
Nope. You can skin it ;) I have a black mate skin on mine just on the back. Back it's subject to a lot of scratches and fingerprints and with a mate skin problem solved. Unless you like the glass look and feeling (you can also put a glossy skin and it's almost as original, but it remains protected)

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

No there isn't anything on the back, although I agree it does feel like it. That tacky feel will wear off after a couple of days if you plan to use your phone naked like I do.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I use my G6 with the wood slickwrap on the back. It's the more expensive wood slick wrap. I tried dbrand and the cutout for the fingerprint sensor was just a little bit too small. It kept causing the button to get stuck. Even with this thicker skin on it, I can still fit my case on it if I need to. I use carry mine without a care about 75% of the time.

Jorge Amorim

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Here's my skin from xtremeskins uk
500d09b36325eda27c0122556fd68788.jpg

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No there isn't anything on the back, although I agree it does feel like it. That tacky feel will wear off after a couple of days if you plan to use your phone naked like I do.

Cool. That's what was getting me: the tacky feeling. I'll look forward to that going away...feels bad enough that I want to slap a case on right away. lol

Thanks, guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty