Worst battery

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
looks like I'm the small percentage who has a dud. It didnt do this before the last update I got. At the end of the day I just got my essential phone and damn this thing nice. Time to sell this LG its been fun everyone!

The Essential Phone looks really cool! Glad you're enjoying it! :)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
A great example of the g6 I have being a dude, got my essential phone. At 65% battery, set it up and have been playing with it a lot. After 3 hours of sot I'm still at 32% battery. Since I don't have the heart to sell this phone due to the battery issues, sprint will buy it back for 250. Which is what I would get after selling it on swappa, they are only going for about 300. On sprint there is no guarantee that the unlock code will be accepted by another carrier to re-provision the phone.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the G6 a few months ago from a Samsung S7 and I have fantastic battery life. I take my G6 off the wireless charger at 6 am and can go all day without having to recharge. I usually make it to 8 pm and still have maybe 30% charge left which works great for me. Comparing this to my old S7 where I needed to constantly charge it through the day.

Now, I have to say I carefully removed a lot of bloatware using the LG Package Disabler Pro app and also removed Facebook from my G6 which probably helped with background power usage. I also don't constantly use my phone throughout the day so I don't have very high screen on time. YMMV

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to the G6 a few months ago from a Samsung S7 and I have fantastic battery life. I take my G6 off the wireless charger at 6 am and can go all day without having to recharge. I usually make it to 8 pm and still have maybe 30% charge left which works great for me. Comparing this to my old S7 where I needed to constantly charge it through the day.

Now, I have to say I carefully removed a lot of bloatware using the LG Package Disabler Pro app and also removed Facebook from my G6 which probably helped with background power usage. I also don't constantly use my phone throughout the day so I don't have very high screen on time. YMMV

Oh yeah, Facebook drains a lot of battery because it's always running in the background. Good on you for being diligent about disabling bloatware and background-consumption apps!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A great example of the g6 I have being a dude, got my essential phone. At 65% battery, set it up and have been playing with it a lot. After 3 hours of sot I'm still at 32% battery. Since I don't have the heart to sell this phone due to the battery issues, sprint will buy it back for 250. Which is what I would get after selling it on swappa, they are only going for about 300. On sprint there is no guarantee that the unlock code will be accepted by another carrier to re-provision the phone.

Glad that you have a plan! What is your favourite thing about the Essential Phone? Also, did you buy it online or from its own website?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Glad that you have a plan! What is your favourite thing about the Essential Phone? Also, did you buy it online or from its own website?

The build quality is freaking amazing, the stock Android experience. Out of the box I had 2 updates and it's currently on the September security update. I ordered mine through my carrier sprint, which happens to be the only launch partner.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The build quality is freaking amazing, the stock Android experience. Out of the box I had 2 updates and it's currently on the September security update. I ordered mine through my carrier sprint, which happens to be the only launch partner.

Wow, it sounds amazing! So glad it's a great phone and that you're enjoying it! Wonder if it's available anywhere in Canada... Hmm.

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Can't disable quick memo Jeremiah, baked into the software here in the UK, I figured that Facebook was a bit of a hog but I can live with 2%

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Did the same, cannot believe the difference between the S7 and G6 in battery life. Huge difference. I was afraid to go anywhere with the S7 because it seemed like it just would suck the battery down several percent an hour even if I wasn't using it.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
4ce0769bb833d05567ad110f7af8ff2a.jpg
f86a046c58b8f763541d01071eb88a33.jpg

Reg Robinson

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Swap that one out. Your experience doesn't match my own at all. Battery has been very good to excellent for me, depending on what I'm using the phone for. Sorry for your inconvenience and disappointment. A good G6 really is a terrific phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38