LG G7 Turns off when Idle

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
My LG G7 has recently started restarting itself at random.
Very intermittently, maybe twice a week or something.
Usually when I'm not actively using it, although it has also done this when I'm using it.

I wouldn't think it's battery related, as the battery was replaced by LG last summer.
Does anyone else have experience of this ?

I know there is plenty of advice out there suggesting starting it in safe mode, for diagnosis purposes. However, when the problem only occurs about twice a week, I'll need to test it for a long time without access to apps, so this isn't an appealing option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what the battery level is (approximately) when it does restart on its own? Is the battery level after the restart much different?

I agree it probably isn't the battery, but it's still worth checking the battery health using Accubattery. If it's <85%, then the battery is deteriorating. Remember that the battery LG used as a replacement may have been sitting on a shelf for 3 years, which means it may have already been deteriorating. Also, batteries can be defective and fail a lot earlier than expected.

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Any idea what the battery level is (approximately) when it does restart on its own? Is the battery level after the restart much different?

I agree it probably isn't the battery, but it's still worth checking the battery health using Accubattery. If it's <85%, then the battery is deteriorating. Remember that the battery LG used as a replacement may have been sitting on a shelf for 3 years, which means it may have already been deteriorating. Also, batteries can be defective and fail a lot earlier than expected.

My battery is usually in the 50~85% range when the phone restarts, as I only let it drop below 50% when out of the house all day and Accubattery warns me once the charge reaches 85%, so I usually remove it from the charger then.

Accubattery doesn't currently show a battery health figure, possibly as I recently reinstalled the app. Subjectively, the battery lasts well.

As long as the phone only restarts once or twice a week, I can probably live with it. If the frequency increases, that would be a problem.

Of course, it's extremely difficult to troubleshoot such an intermittent problem. I can hardly put it in safe mode and watch it for a couple of weeks to see if the problem goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89