Tempered glass screen protector

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
In anybody's experience, does a glass screen protector on the G8 interfere at all (eg, cause distortion, muffling) with the display-as-speaker functionality?

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Is anybody else on this board able to answer this question?

So I've dabbled with screen protectors. I haven't noticed to much a difference, if any at all.
On a similar note, the boom box feature, when you place the phone on a table and the volume noticeable gets louder is nowhere near as effective with a case.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I've tried super shieldz. Worked great on my V30, but I can't get rid of the Halo effect on the G8 version of it. I have another brand coming from Amazon, which hopefully works better. I'll let ya know.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
If it helps..... I'm using a HTC with gorilla glass 5 screen (same as G8) for the last 2 years without screen protection and there isn't a mark on it.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
"Is anybody else on this board able to answer this question?"

I answered your question and folks here concur, screen protector NOT needed.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got the magglass one from Amazon, and so far I am impressed. Goes on easy, is staying on with a case, and no halo effect.
For those that say it is not needed, everyone's circumstances are different. It gives me piece of mind, and keeps the screen primo for resale and trade in purposes.

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
I'm glad you found one that worked for you. I was so frustrated with the screen protectors I had tried that I just gave up. I now have some micro scratches on the screen. They aren't noticeable unless the screen is off and light reflects at a particular angle so it's not that big a deal.
Nonetheless, I'd be interested in hearing more about this brand protecter. Does it hang off the edges of the curved screen at all? Is the adhesive on the entire screen or just the edges? Durability etc. Please keep us updated.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It's been over a week now, and all is great with it. It's not really curved, but I like the way it fits. Pretty sure adhesive is only on the sides.
I hear ya on those micro scratches. That's why I always try and find something that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty