My phone clicks on things by itself. URGENT

Midnight Zero

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
What is wrong with my phone. It keeps clicking the spacebar and the home screen buttons and when I'm on apps it will click on the ads and take me to websites I don't want to be taken to. I have an LG K20 plus and I've looked into this to find that this is common. In fact, it's happening consistently while I'm trying to type this, so please excuse any typos. Usually people experience this for after 6 months or so but I've had mine for a month. And don't tell me it's because of stuff I've downloaded because I've read into this and that isn't the problem. People clear out their phones and it still happens. Also don't say it's my screen protector because people have reported this issue after taking off the screen protector. I'm very frustrated because this is a brand new phone and suddenly there is something very wrong with it and coming from a **** poor family means we can't afford another new phone. Just tell me what is going on. This is beyond ridiculous. Edit: while typing this it keeps kicking me from the website and is getting way worse.

Last edited:

lorex

Banned
Sep 27, 2018
Visit site
In simple way, first factory reset the device. Before reset back up the data. First perform this simple step. Then try something advanced.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Audio/Video forum to the K20 forum for more specific traffic.

Just because other people say it happens without the screen protector doesn't rule it out as a cause for you. Poorly fitting or applied screen protectors can lead to screen touch issues, so that's still the first thing to test -- take the protector off.

Does this still happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34011

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The reasons for this happening can be all over the board. If B. Diddy's suggestion of Safe Mode doesn't work, I'd suspect it to be a hardware defect. Modern touch screens pick up the electrical impulses in our skin to detect where you touch. Anything that electrically disrupts the phone is suspect. That means a defective screen, bad grounding, loose components, and even a bad USB cable have been known to cause phantom screen touches. A screen protector can possibly cause phantom touches too, but I don't think it's very common.

The good news is if this is a defect with the phone itself, you should be able to do a warranty exchange on it.