Instagram crashes Lucid HELP!

anniebananie824

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Hoping I can get a solution for this. My phone is ok (not the best but cheap replacement) but crashes at least half the time I try to post a picture on Instagram. I upload my picture and make it to the filter screen. I select my filter then press the next button and it says "publishing", but the phone crashes on that screen. I can't post my pic and anytime I try to do anything (check notifications, open an app, etc.) it flashes to my frozen picture "publishing" screen. I tried reinstalling the app and my phone has the latest update. This is super annoying, seems like some type of app/camera bug. (I can't take any pictures or a screenshot after, either) and the only way to fix it is to restart my phone!!

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Ann

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you posting to Instagram via your camera or Gallery, or using Instagram's "Advanced" camera? I'd suggest you use the latter, although of Advanced it's got only the name... Also, try NOT enabling the advanced processing in Instagram's Settings.

anniebananie824

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been taking pictures with my camera and then sharing through the gallery. I can try using Instagram's camera instead and adjusted my settings like you suggested. It's weird because besides this one app, the phone works pretty well. Thanks for your help!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you'll be using your 'main' camera and sharing from the Gallery, try doing it directly from Instagram. Don't know why, but sometimes going into the Gallery and 'sharing' to Instagram makes it go wonky. I've found it works better to open Instagram, hit the 'camera' icon and then select Gallery instead of Camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty