Whatsapp Crashes

PK1987

Oct 15, 2023
Visit site
Hi I'm using WhatsApp that was updated on 9.10.23. on Android 13, Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, Last Software update 1.9.23.
Today I encountered a phenomena that WhatsApp started crashing from time to time. Re-starting WhatsApp/Phone and WhatsApp Cache erase didnt help.After I re-installed WhatsApp, it started to crash only when I attached a file to send.My last resort was to Facroty reset the Phone and afterwards it still crashes each time I select a picture to send.
I sent mail to WhatsApp support.
Any ideas from you guys?
Thanks.

Reactions: nego

nego

Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
I have the same problem since 13th of october on Samsung Note 10. I have buyt a new phone Samsung S23 Ultra, transfer all the data to the new phone (whatsapp data via Google Disk). Unfortunatelly the problem stiil yet -whet trying send the photo from gallery - app crahes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi I'm using WhatsApp that was updated on 9.10.23. on Android 13, Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, Last Software update 1.9.23.
Today I encountered a phenomena that WhatsApp started crashing from time to time. Re-starting WhatsApp/Phone and WhatsApp Cache erase didnt help.After I re-installed WhatsApp, it started to crash only when I attached a file to send.My last resort was to Facroty reset the Phone and afterwards it still crashes each time I select a picture to send.
I sent mail to WhatsApp support.
Any ideas from you guys?
Thanks.
Welcome to AC!
Try different version just have uninstall your current one see which works

nego

Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
I understand, but even if it is local to your phone, and not a general problem, I think that it would be better to contact them.
I have wrote to WhatsApp 's support and receive the answer below:
Thanks for your message.

All downloaded media files are automatically saved to your phone's default storage.

On Android, media files are automatically saved in your WhatsApp/Media/ folder. If you have internal storage, the WhatsApp folder is located in your "Internal Storage." If you don't have internal storage, the folder will be on your "SD Card" or "External SD Card."

While it's not possible to stop media from being stored on your device after download, you can stop media from showing up in your gallery.

To turn media visibility on or off for all chats:

• Open WhatsApp > tap More options > Settings > Chats > turn on or off Media visibility.
To turn media visibility on or off for specific chats:

• Open a chat > tap More options > View contact or Group info > Media visibility > Select the relevant option > OK.
Note: Media visibility will be turned on by default.

The media visibility feature only affects new media that comes in once the feature has been turned on or off and doesn’t apply to old media.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!

But, this advise didn't help.

Reactions: belodion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174