Battery Life

jonesinperth

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have to confess that, at my age, I will never get to a proficiency to tax more than about 10% of this phone's capabilities. However, I do know that it shouldn't consume a battery charge within 4 or 5 hours when it is sitting around doing nothing. I have stopped every app that I can; power save is activated; no WiFi, no 3G data, or anything else, and I can watch the battery lose about 20% every hour. It's been back to LG here in Doha, who naturally reckon that there is nothing wrong with it. I would have agreed with them after I got it back with it going overnight and using next to nothing of the battery. Then, I gave it a charge and it went back to normal: the back gets warm to hot and the power just drains away with me frantically turning everything off that I can. Any thoughts or assistance gratefully received.

cryofy

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion this is apparently some hardware issue either with your battery or the device itself.
You need to visit those guys @LG again, tell them exactly how your device behaves and point out that your battery gets unnaturally warm/hot and your device has a stand by time of just 4-5 hours. As your Optimus is a fairly new device, you should at least have some warranty left. I'd demand a replacement of the faulty hardware or even a refund.

jonesinperth

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks cryofy. I too believe it to be a hardware issue, but in this part of the world - The Wild Middle East - it's not simple to sort it out. I think that it will have to be a three strikes and I get my money back approach. I'll update as things unravel.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez