Virgin Mobile USA

joe745

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My optimus V is great but i am looking forward to a good upgrade when the time comes. pre paid virgin mobile = unlimited data nuff said.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Yeah, I'm so hoping SOMEONE gives us some info soon about this phone coming to the US.

According to a new VM survey there will be two new Android phones coming:
Venture & Verve
One will be a slider (likely the LG Optimus Slider) and the other will be standard (likely LG Optimus Black). No dates or prices listed.

Hope they are annouced/released soon. LG Optimus Slider is supposed to be released on Sprint on 9/11

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for this, too. If nothing else, since the Optimus Black may be more expensive then I can pay, I am hoping that the price of the Optimus V will drop. :p

Still no Optimus Black at Sprint, either, though there was this encouraging bit of news: http://www.androidcentral.com/unannounced-sprint-lg-marquee-looks-lot-lg-optimus-black
We all know that Sprint will need to start selling the phone before VM gets it. Maybe November??

Holly

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
They will, 2 months, $250. That's my guess anyway :)

It's certainly encouraging that Sprint will start selling the phone on 09/20. Since the phone has been licensed to VM, according to the June stories, it seems pretty definite that they will be offering the phone at some point. The end of November sounds quite possible to me, too.

Cost-wise, it sucks that you can get the phone on Sprint for $99, but I can't afford their service, so we'll see what VM charges for it. $250 might be doable, though they might not like the idea of a cheaper phone cutting into their sales of the Motorola Triumph.

At least by the time VM does get the phone, we should have some feedback from Sprint users and other reviewers as to how good - or not - the phone is. :)

Holly

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly encouraging that Sprint will start selling the phone on 09/20. Since the phone has been licensed to VM, according to the June stories, it seems pretty definite that they will be offering the phone at some point. The end of November sounds quite possible to me, too.

Cost-wise, it sucks that you can get the phone on Sprint for $99, but I can't afford their service, so we'll see what VM charges for it. $250 might be doable, though they might not like the idea of a cheaper phone cutting into their sales of the Motorola Triumph.

At least by the time VM does get the phone, we should have some feedback from Sprint users and other reviewers as to how good - or not - the phone is. :)

Holly

i doubt it will be cheaper than the triumph.. i expect $300

but that comes to $16 extra a month (for a year)

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

boltfromblue

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
$300 for the OB seems a little pricey. Remember that this was a mid-level phone when it debued elsewhere several months ago...time has moved on. I think we're looking at the base model of a very sucessful line from LG once they slide in a dual core.

Still, it really is beautiful and I love the bright screen, RDS radio and front facing camera...thought doubt video calling would be very smooth with only a single core.

So...at $250 (tops) I might consider replacing my wife's RumorTouch and seeing if our VM reception improves with Rev A. If so, black friday is coming and I'll be looking for the Big Deal to replace our other RTs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non