LG Optimus G: cracked glass

Angela M

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lg Optimus G sprint cracked glass

They make the Otterbox Commuter Series for the Sprint version of this phone. AT&T version still has nothing to fit. I wouldn't have purchased this phone had I known this.
So, I'm here trying to find some help because I broke my screen tonight with the slightest bump! :)

I wish LG would recall and replace this garbage glass! Do they even read these forums??

Brian Ande

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi, here just because this literally happened to me about 3 hours ago and I was looking up what I could do to fix it.

I have no idea what happened, but I was in a class and ignored a call by swiping the screen (per usual) and put the phone back in my pocket. The phone vibrated for a text and when I took it out, there was a hair-line crack from top to bottom, rendering it useless. I have gotten no response from the touch screen. This was literally minutes after using it last and not dropping it or even bumping it off anything. I have the LG-LS970.

And to add insult to injury, I have a missed call, a voicemail, a couple texts, a snapchat, and an update that I can't acknowledge... It's set to vibrate every 2 minutes until I open the text AND I can't even turn it off.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Call sprint and complain ALOT I did and eventually got them to do an advance exchange on it with no out of pocket cost at all took 3 calls to customer care and around 4 hours on phone but eventually they caved.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Marc30b

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

My back glass is cracked. Didnt drop it. Took it to sprint. They said some **** about call lg they may replace it. I dunno. Feeling like im a have to kick the deductible out through insurance. Sucks. Just got this phone 2 months ago.

Posted via Android Central App

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

LG will tell you to go through sprint trust they just had me do it n after several long phone calls with sprint they just advance exchanged mine.

Adam West5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

ok i have a lg optimus g and i was using it by talking on the phone and heard a loud pop and looked at my phone and my screen was cracked and now my phone want responed and u can not use it at all

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Have u people not herd of an otterbox? 35 on amazon.com many cases on ebay on the cheep

Yep, I got it and my stupid friends knocked it out of my hands when I was at the top of some bleachers. Slide down the stairs to the bottom and nothing!

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

So after researching this further I think I've found the problem and that is the new tech LG introduced with this phone which is where glass and lcd panel meet instead of traditional tech where there was an air gap between the 2 on this and the G2 there's not the glass and lcd panel are basically together and that's why when the screen cracks the digitizer goes to crap as well makes sense now kinda sucks tho really...

Damien_Eternal

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

I have the AT&T version and have had it for a month now. No issues yet.

Posted via Android Central App on my LG Optimus G

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Yep well you just jinxed yourself give it another week or 2 and you'll be one on here bit**in about it like all of us it'll happen trust unless you have it wrapped in bubble wrap it's gonna happen

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Nope no problems since they sent me this last device.

Troy Walls

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Found this thread and wanted to add that my Sprint LG optimus G screen broke without me dropping it also. I had the phone for only two months. I was texting a friend on it, sat it down on the counter, picked it back up to text again and all of sudden half the screen wouldn't work. I thought something must have been wrong with the OS so I restarted the phone. Half the screen still wouldn't work so I stared at the screen and that is when I noticed the slightest of cracks going across the screen what was almost invisible. I was so perplexed I convinced myself that must have dropped the phone without ever knowing it. I tried to get sprint and LG to replace my phone and both said they would charge me. I knew it wasn't my fault but couldnt prove it but it pissed me of so much I still never paid to get it fixed. Im going to use this thread now to see if I can get it fixed for free. I shouldn't have to pay for someone else issues.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I got them to replace mine when its screen cracked call em and tell em to advance exchange it for another one they will trust me

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I got my phones from Newegg yesterday, they have not been activated yet. Has anyone else that got a phone from Newegg had it activated yet? I can use it on wifi and it works well that way for data and browsing, I even synched my contacts from gmail, but I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the activation to finally happen.

Well first LG and Sprint are rip offs so they will say anything to get you to buy something (like most companies). My last phone, the LG Rumor Touch had a bad battery for some strange reason and I sent it into LG. LG sent the battery back a month later by the time I just got a new battery. The form that came with it said "consumer abuse" and they charged for shipping. My dad was furious with them because I never did anything abusive to my phone and because the way they handled my situation. Funny part was my dad said "I'll never buy an LG product again". 18 months later he bought 3 Optimus G's because "they have a quad core and its 13MP" and a heater by LG for the garage. So far I'm liking this phone but when I'm old enough to make my own contract I really won't buy an LG. I'm thinking about buying a Sony phone in the future if they ever make one for Sprint which I hope they do.

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Same way with my this wonderful LG optimus g phone, though its not from sprint, and though mine had a fall, but it fell no more than 1 and a half feet height onto a smooth floor, and was its first time to experience any drop or anything from the 1-2 months since i bought it. Though I just managed to put it or don it with its supplied phone jacket to avoid getting cutting myself upon using the phone, since I had yet no time to go to there (LG) service center and to also maybe perhaps claim the warranty. 2 months after, the phone suddenly stops working and will not power on. I was able to visit their service center (LG) sometime later which was another 2 months later, and presenting to them the phone, asking them what's happened to it when I did not abuse it whatsoever except for that accidental 1 foot drop to the floor. And... all their B.S. talk came out and that it's our (the users or customers) fault, etc.., they would even give lectures of irrelevant issues. Lucky for them that I just had no time to argue, much more to listen to their lectures, that I had to leave but with such a heavy heart up to now...

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

ok i have a lg optimus g and i was using it by talking on the phone and heard a loud pop and looked at my phone and my screen was cracked and now my phone want responed and u can not use it at all

quiet very terrible, me too has the same bad experience, and has so much remorse of buying this stupid product, wasting hard-earned money

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Found this thread and wanted to add that my Sprint LG optimus G screen broke without me dropping it also. I had the phone for only two months. I was texting a friend on it, sat it down on the counter, picked it back up to text again and all of sudden half the screen wouldn't work. I thought something must have been wrong with the OS so I restarted the phone. Half the screen still wouldn't work so I stared at the screen and that is when I noticed the slightest of cracks going across the screen what was almost invisible. I was so perplexed I convinced myself that must have dropped the phone without ever knowing it. I tried to get sprint and LG to replace my phone and both said they would charge me. I knew it wasn't my fault but couldnt prove it but it pissed me of so much I still never paid to get it fixed. Im going to use this thread now to see if I can get it fixed for free. I shouldn't have to pay for someone else issues.

I agree with you sir troy.., this people (LG) I dont know how to describe them, I'm too filled with hatred

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer