Asurion replacement process question

Sukiyaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I dropped my beloved Flip 4 and UBreakIFix said it is not able to be repaired. Asurion said they would replace it for 100.00 but it requires a 990.00 deposit. I asked if I could send the phone in first and wait for the replacement, they said no. Is this normal? I thought they were sending out refurbished phones, is that not the case? I don't have 1000.00 available balance on my cc.

Also the upper screen of the phone is not responsive. The tech is going to see if they can make it functional before I pick it up, but I'm doubtful. I have a couple of apps I need to export info from, as the remote back up won't get certain info. Is there anyway to get force access? I know the phone doesn't have dex, but I was hoping for a workaround.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Phone insurance companies routinely will send the replacement phone first, and then await the return of the damaged phone. This can be helpful if the damaged phone is still usable, so that the user doesn't have to be without a phone for an extended period of time. But I've never been aware of having to place a deposit, and I've replaced phones in the past with Asurion a couple of times. That was a while ago, so maybe they changed their policies -- or perhaps it's due to the high price of foldables.

In terms of accessing your phone, you could try to connect any basic USB mouse. You might need a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

Sukiyaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Phone insurance companies routinely will send the replacement phone first, and then await the return of the damaged phone. This can be helpful if the damaged phone is still usable, so that the user doesn't have to be without a phone for an extended period of time. But I've never been aware of having to place a deposit, and I've replaced phones in the past with Asurion a couple of times. That was a while ago, so maybe they changed their policies -- or perhaps it's due to the high price of foldables.

In terms of accessing your phone, you could try to connect any basic USB mouse. You might need a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Sukiyaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted to let you know you are a God amongst men (women?) The screen was much less responsive when I got it back from UBreakIFix and part of it was blanked out this time, but I purchased a plug and play usb-c mouse and was able to export the files I needed, back up the phone and erase it.

Since they couldn't fix itI called back the rep said to mail it in for a repair. He said I could also do a replacement with a 1059 deposit, up from 999. I asked what would happen if they ALSO can't repair it, he said they send the phone back. I couldn't get an explanation of why they would send something back they already have in their possession when I would need a replacement at that point. He said they WOULD be able to fix it. I'm not confident but we'll see what happens. Anyway, thanks for helping me save my data!!!

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
So I dropped my beloved Flip 4 and UBreakIFix said it is not able to be repaired. Asurion said they would replace it for 100.00 but it requires a 990.00 deposit. I asked if I could send the phone in first and wait for the replacement, they said no. Is this normal? I thought they were sending out refurbished phones, is that not the case? I don't have 1000.00 available balance on my cc.

Also the upper screen of the phone is not responsive. The tech is going to see if they can make it functional before I pick it up, but I'm doubtful. I have a couple of apps I need to export info from, as the remote back up won't get certain info. Is there anyway to get force access? I know the phone doesn't have dex, but I was hoping for a workaround.
I think service level will depend largely if you had private device warranty, carrier devi e protection , or Samsung care!

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I just submitted a device protection claim on my broken ZFLIP4. it was the carrier's device protection plan, the one you pay monthly for. it was easy actually, I paid 140$, shipped broken device out, and they'll be sending me a new device in 5 business days.easy peasy!

Last edited:

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

I just paid 140$ replacement/shipping fee and did not have to pay a deposit.

Reactions: B. Diddy