Issue with Google Music App and LG Optimus G

baysra

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
All my apps on my LG Optimus G work fine except for the Google Play Music App. I have recently signed up for the new "Google Play Music All Access" and it lets me stream any music to my phone. The problem is that with my music and with music that I stream I keep getting this error:

"Music temporarily unavailable. Couldn't play the stream you requested."

I've tried all the tricks such as rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, making sure all the apps and software on my phone are up to date... basically I think I've tried everything. I have searched everywhere online for an answer but can't find one.

This problem is really annoying because it stops songs streaming mid-song all of the time.

Any help? Any known solutions?

Thanks,

Rusty

anarchocap

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Exact same issue here.

Recently got an LG Escape and upgraded to Access. Like you, about :30 - 1:30 into a given non-uploaded song, I get the "stream cannot be played error" and the music stops. This happens on both WiFi and LTE connections - Pandora streams just fine.

I've tried cache clears, update uninstalls/reinstalls, logons, logoffs to no avail. Hard reset tonight did nothing, exact same error a minute into the first song.

The fine folks at Google are on the case but I get no error log with the music stoppage. I haven't found a fix. Something in the back of my head is telling me this is a hardware/service issue (thinking ATT pulling some crafty **** on me).

If anyone has any guidance, I would appreciate it too!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got a new update today for Google Music, and I had already installed the major upgrade from last week. Did y'all get this newest update? Maybe they are trying to fix it.

Tapatalk mofo

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had this same problem with my sprint LG OG. It is frustrating. When I stream from the Amazon MP3 player I dont run into the problem, so I know its not the connection. It can happen on wifi or 3G. Havent found anything to fix it either....

anarchocap

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Not that I've found a solution but there was a noticeable improvement today.

Listening for about an hour only had 2 of these hard stops that used to occur every song. I did notice however some lag/buffering occurring randomly which is odd given the LTE connection speed.

Google says they are still working on my case but I'm hopeful they are coming up with some sort of solution on their end.

baysra

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@Anarchocap,

How did you submit your problem to google? I tried to find a link or submission portal for problems but I couldn't find it.

I had about 5 or 6 hard stops within 30 minutes last night and I was on wifi. I gave up and went to pandora.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That problems annoying happens to me after every other song, so I stopped using the Google music and now I just use spotify.

On my Sprint Optimus G

anarchocap

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I submitted via the typical contact channels online. Go to contact us on Google and a few clicks later it should route to play help and specifically a channel for music issues

There has been zero real activity on my problem ticket other than error log (which is blank) and a screen shot of the crash message.

I agree, at this point the product is unusable.

anarchocap

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Got an email from Google - looks like they rolled out v5.0.1027J addressing our issue.

I've run through a few songs with no issue.

Let me know if it works for you all.
Thanks

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Holy cow! that would be awesome if it fixes the issues. I'm going to give it a try on my ride home this afternoon! Pretty quick response from the big G

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Got an email from Google - looks like they rolled out v5.0.1027J addressing our issue.

I've run through a few songs with no issue.

Let me know if it works for you all.
Thanks

Tried it yesterday and not even a minute went by and that "music is temporarily unavailable" message came up :thumbdown:

On my Sprint Optimus G

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Same on my LGOG on sprint 3g LTE and WiFi. Pandora doesn't. Nothing else does this. None of the other phones or tablets in the house do it. I don't understand. But it really sucks as I have way to much music to actually put on the phone and would love for this to work. Come on Google.

Posted via Android Central App

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this one issue made me cancel my all access subscription because its unusable to me. Sucks because they have wide range of music.

On my timey wimey Sprint Optimus G

anarchocap

May 22, 2013
Visit site
5.0.1041J in the Play Store -- drumroll,.......still crashes.

Rethinking being a shareholder if this is the type of product they're rolling out.

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Seems to me it's an LG issue. I searched for comments based on phone and all Lgog owners are reporting the same problem.

Posted via Android Central App