Spare battery for Optimus S?

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
If your gonna order from Hong Kong just do it on ebay, I got two batteries for $12, they work fine just search for it.

Sent from my rooted LG Optimus S running CM7

howiesf

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I had a bad, bad time with PayPal years ago when someone ripped me off. Anyway, I don't have a PayPal account. Was just wondering if anyone had tried this battery. I still can't believe this phone has been out this long and it is so hard to find a REAL Extended battery that works.

I thought this phone would get better battery life than my Hero, but it really is not much better. I have everything off too except background data.

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a chiness seller send me wrong batteries and he would not refund, paypal refunded me in ten minutes after requesting it...

Sent from my rooted LG Optimus S running CyanogenMod 7

jmdeng

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As an FYI...the price on these has dropped...to $8 for one battery and charger, and $10 for two batteries and charger. Shipped.

2 Battery+Charger for LG P500 Optimus GW880 GX500 GX200 - eBay (item 290532931906 end time Mar-12-11 04:20:01 PST)

Hmmm, bought the updated version of this 2 Battery+Charger for LG P500 Optimus GW880 GX500 GX200 | eBay (still LG P500 with KGIP 400N, instead of their new listing for the LS670 with the exact same KGIP 400N for a couple dollars more...actually looks like they have updated the LG P500 to the same price as the LS670)

The batteries have square edges and thus don't fit. =(

Has anyone else run into this problem from this seller with this order?

glitchsta

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what happened to me, got the square corners, seller swore up and down it fit the phone and would not give me a refund, i finally just disputed with paypal and ebay and they gave me my money back within an hr... make sure u ask the seller if it is round or square corners because i ordered from another seller and theh were goos, weird thing is both had the same labels on the bat.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jmdeng

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
glitchsta, which seller did you successfully buy from?

As for the seller/link I posted above, they did offer me a refund when I noted that it didn't fit. I first asked them to give me a battery that fit because all their pictures showed a rounded edged battery. They claimed something was wrong with their production and they were all the same squared ones like I received. So they eventually gave me a full refund. I thought about whittling the edges down, but the plastic encasing doesn't seem very thick.

tismon

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm really confused, but I'll share what I've gathered so far.
I went a head and e-mailed Mugen about their 1800mah battery and the Optimus S/Vs and here's their response
--please do not reply below this line--

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your email!

Our HLI-400NSL is compatible to work on LG Optimus S via Sprint & LG Optimus V via Tmobile.

Please contact me if you need any additional info.

Best Regards,
Dmitry

Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices
Join us on Facebook: Mugen Power Batteries | Facebook
Read our tweets: Mugen Power (MugenBatteries) on Twitter Our Blog: Mugen Power TV Blog ? Premium extended batteries for mobile devices Our Videos: YouTube - ‪MugenPowerBatteries's Channel‬‏

Other than getting the V's network wrong, they still specifically say that it should fit. I'm requesting more information, but in the mean time, any ideas?

mikegerard

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I picked up two online from ebay....
ANKER 2*Battery+Charger FOR LG Sprint Optimus LS670 S,V - eBay (item 220810491888 end time Aug-06-11 23:10:25 PDT)

For $18 you get two batteries and an external charger. The batteries have the rounded ends and fit perfectly. They say they are 1600mah. I'm not sure about that but after a week of use they seem to be holding up as well as the original battery (first two days they seemed to discharge quicker).

The charger they sent me had a broken pin and did not work but they quickly replaced it with another one that works.

All in all I am very happy with it
Mike
70LGOVM670-C2W16A_BO_PF_WTa_800X600.jpg

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I still can't believe this phone has been out this long and it is so hard to find a REAL Extended battery that works.

Has anyone tried an extended battery like this yet?

Amazon.com: [Aftermarket Product] Brand New Extended Battery Backup Spare Extra Power Replace Replacement+Back Door Plate Panel Cover Faceplate Panel Fascia For LG Optimus S: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thinking about getting one for my wife as she is always killing the battery in her Optimus S.

pdkillian

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So the battery works well, everything in the review posted by Kamron is pretty much true. Battery life went from about 18 hours with old battery to about double. It now lasts in the mid thirty hour range. No problem charging in a night, but I usually don't let it discharge all the way. For me, it's a keeper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress