Only boots to recovery no backups work

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an Optimus S that I don't know wtf to do with. I've tried many many methods and still just boots to custom recovery screen and just says Build: RA-optS-2.2.1-GNM ....

1. I've tried a dozen nands including my own.
2. I've flashed different roms
3. I've downgraded from zvd to zv9
4. Repeated steps above again.
5. I DO NOT have SU access anymore before or after any of these steps for some reason....
6. I've wiped everything several times b4 after and in between all steps

I do have adb access but like I said no SU so I can't do **** with it...
There's probably a bunch of other crap that I can't think of cause I'm tired as hell but PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUTTA THIS LOOP!!!!!!!!!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Can you install a different recovery?
when you try you nandroid backups does it say md5 mismatched? If so did you rename any of them?

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No nands backup properly then when I restart just back to the recovery screen and I can't try another recovery without superuser(rooted) at least in the 15 methods I've found.......

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re root without being able to boot? From the custom recovery? Also anytime I try adb shell and get into it it's like the phone is erased cause all the directories I should have it says "non existent" Is that firmware?

Last edited:

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone? please is there a way to gain SU without being able to boot?

How did you get your phone to the point that it's at now? More information about how it got that way will help anyone trying to assist you in fixing it. Be sure to go through the details. It's hard to help someone with a "broken" phone when you don't know how it got that way.

Also, it's rare that anyone's phone becomes messed up on it's own so if you messed something up or did it the wrong way, it's best to know now rather than trying every other method first without succeeding..... Good luck on fixing your phone. Hope this helps in some sort of way.

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've tried 3 this(FlashRootVD-signed.zip) is the only one that installed but I still can't gain su access through adb shell.....Is there some commands I'm missing all I did was install the zip then go to adb shell and try "su" and it says
/ # su
su
/sbin/sh: su: not found

So its still not allowing me SU which means I can't change the custom recovery or hell for all I know that's why it won't boot my **** up in the first place.....

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How did you get your phone to the point that it's at now? More information about how it got that way will help anyone trying to assist you in fixing it. Be sure to go through the details. It's hard to help someone with a "broken" phone when you don't know how it got that way.

Also, it's rare that anyone's phone becomes messed up on it's own so if you messed something up or did it the wrong way, it's best to know now rather than trying every other method first without succeeding..... Good luck on fixing your phone. Hope this helps in some sort of way.

I flashed a stock vd rom that I have used several times before because it wasn't provisioning my data on the reborn rom. So after I got on the stock rom it didn't do it so I nand restored my reborn which I've done before as well. Thats where I've been stuck at because I guess somewhere along the road it decided to **** my root off and now I can't do anything without SU access not even go completely stock cause I'm stock in custom recovery with no su

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
did you try the old way with adb? Thats the way i rooted my phone back before VC was even released, I'll try to find the thread and post another link here if i do.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/43108-how-root-lg-optimus-s.html

Try this it's the original way to root V9 if it doesn't work than I'd try flashing the super user .zip afterwords.
Then enter su in adb shell again.

When I tried the mount....remount stuff it just says no directory found.....

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I flashed a stock vd rom that I have used several times before because it wasn't provisioning my data on the reborn rom. So after I got on the stock rom it didn't do it so I nand restored my reborn which I've done before as well. Thats where I've been stuck at because I guess somewhere along the road it decided to **** my root off and now I can't do anything without SU access not even go completely stock cause I'm stock in custom recovery with no su

The stock rom more than likely messed up the su access when you flashed it over reborn....

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
did you try the old way with adb? Thats the way i rooted my phone back before VC was even released, I'll try to find the thread and post another link here if i do.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/43108-how-root-lg-optimus-s.html

Try this it's the original way to root V9 if it doesn't work than I'd try flashing the super user .zip afterwords.
Then enter su in adb shell again.

I wanted to try that method but the optimus root file attached is a broken link so I can't get that rageagainst file that I need. I have no problem going to v9

abomboldskool

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
OK SO WTF!!!!!!! This is the 3rd time going back to ZV9 and for whatever dumbass reason it booted up fine stock......I'm afraid to upgrade to zvd ota....?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non