Setting my MTU

Stippy

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted LG Optimus S, and I am wondering on how to change my MTU settings through Terminal Emulator, so that it will be at 1500. I don't know how to do it, but I know it's been done. I am trying to tether my Phone to my Xbox, whixh is how I am using the PC right now, and the xbox reads my IP, and DNS, only issue is the MTU. So if someone could, just let me know how to do it :)

Stippy

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind... I found command for Linux my bad. Anyone have ideas?

I tried the commands for Linux, but that did't work since eth0 and eth1 aren't recognized as inputs.

I have found where the MTU files are, in /class/network or /net. But they are all above 1500, so it is something to do with a much higher file rather than those.

Stippy

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
So then do you all think that maybe it is Sprint locked? I've seen some of the other Android phones have quick changes applied to their MTU, but the Optimus seems to the be hardest of all.

Dorion-Grey

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted LG Optimus S, and I am wondering on how to change my MTU settings through Terminal Emulator, so that it will be at 1500. I don't know how to do it, but I know it's been done. I am trying to tether my Phone to my Xbox, whixh is how I am using the PC right now, and the xbox reads my IP, and DNS, only issue is the MTU. So if someone could, just let me know how to do it :)

ok not for nothing, have you been able to tether the xbox? I've been looking to try this myself couldn't find any how-to's please let me know.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason why you want to change the MTU? Unless you experience problems usually this value doesn't have to be changed.
Anyhow, if you really do want to change the MTU, do this:
adb shell busybox ifconfig rmnet0 mtu <mtu here (max 1500)>

Ricardo Siqueiros2

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
Phone must be rooted, install andriod terminal emulator, then type
su
ipaddr (thats just to check mtu on interfaces)
ifconfig wlan0 mtu 1500
and thats it,
I also change the mtu on sit0, but thats me.
hope this helps.