[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

BobbyTheNinja

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH

The auto-correct on the gingerbread default keyboard does not work for me. Anyone else having the same issue while typing with that keyboard? Looks like I have to continue using the gingerbread keyboard from the market. Btw, sfhub, your method worked great for me. Thanks. I also ended up doing the wipe data/factory reset to see if it would fix the keyboard, but no luck.

Last edited:

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net

I'm having a slight issue with my phone, the screen seems to be HIGHLY responsive and it makes it unbearable to use the phone when trying to just scroll. Any one else having a similar issue?

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm having a slight issue with my phone, the screen seems to be HIGHLY responsive and it makes it unbearable to use the phone when trying to just scroll. Any one else having a similar issue?

It's not unbearable for me, but my screen is definitely more responsive. I have a PIN-protected lock screen, and I'm often double-typing the numbers. When I scroll screens or up and down my applications, I often accidentally launch an app instead. So not unbearable, but definitely noticeable.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com

Hrmm so the theme chooser is not a part of stock GB huh? I liked the quick theme swapper on the cm7 roms and for some reason I thought it was a gingerbread feature instead of a cm7 feature lol.

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

this reminds me of when VC baseband was released i sat on v9 and LEGO ROM forever until eventually a new one came out (VCB i think it was) and by that time all i had to do was use the update tool and flash a ROM, expecting that something similiar will happen here. ;)

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

it keeps hanging on adb push su /sdcard/su
the cursor just keeps flashing

EDIT: got it to work to had to go into stock recovery and do a factory reset.after i did that had no problems rooting

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

How do I do this just replace the v9 with vd? Where is the vd cab??

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Substitute these steps to Force Flash VD
f) download VD cab (LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab) (Alternate download)
h) ren LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab LS670ZVD.cab
i) expected checksum - 6bd5faf21acb951abb7e2c6e8ce39e7d *LS670ZVD.cab
n) cab file - LS670ZVD.cab
o) version - LS670ZVD_12

Here:
http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zef...ms/LGUpdater/cab/LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab <-----LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGLS670/ASPRCQ/LS670ZVD_12/LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab <----Alternate download

Reactions: cloroxx.l

jbobby

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

---- Help ----

I'm a moron. In an effort to get everything as clean as possible for the gROM install I wiped everything sdcard (including clockworkmod nandroid backup), system, cache, etc. before I realized I'd need to run ADB from the Android program. Is it possible to run ADB from the recovery and input the commands like that? otherwise, would someone mind sending me a clockworkmod backup that I can at least get the phone running from again so i can use ADB?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

---- Help ----

I'm a moron. In an effort to get everything as clean as possible for the gROM install I wiped everything sdcard (including clockworkmod nandroid backup), system, cache, etc. before I realized I'd need to run ADB from the Android program. Is it possible to run ADB from the recovery and input the commands like that? otherwise, would someone mind sending me a clockworkmod backup that I can at least get the phone running from again so i can use ADB?
You can find a nandroid dump of VD here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/86749-gingerbreaked-stock-vd.html

Reactions: jbobby

jbobby

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! Downloaded that as a good backup to have. After calming myself down, realized I could still mount and load stuff, so used an old nROM I still had on my system and loaded that. Loading now so should be fine to go into ADB through that. Appreciate the fast response though - thought I had a brick before I thought it through more fully.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Downloaded that as a good backup to have. After calming myself down, realized I could still mount and load stuff, so used an old nROM I still had on my system and loaded that. Loading now so should be fine to go into ADB through that. Appreciate the fast response though - thought I had a brick before I thought it through more fully.
Glad to have helped. Even though you got it going yourself.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

it keeps hanging on adb push su /sdcard/su
the cursor just keeps flashing
Try typing
adb kill-server
adb devices
If it comes back with your MEID, then try the adb push again. If not, you need to figure out why adb can't connect. See if you have USB debugging enabled on the phone.

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks black ops I'm sucessfuly back on VD from VH. running cyanogen again what a relief.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

srthimsen

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

The auto-correct on the gingerbread default keyboard does not work for me. Anyone else having the same issue while typing with that keyboard? Looks like I have to continue using the gingerbread keyboard from the market. Btw, sfhub, your method worked great for me. Thanks. I also ended up doing the wipe data/factory reset to see if it would fix the keyboard, but no luck.

Same here, I'm sure one of the devs will address this issue as they have time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez