[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

abarenbe

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/

Hello I have run through step three as stated, but when I try to reboot into recovery it just stays on the LG logo. If I take the battery out I can get it to boot into my rom, but there is no option at poweroff anymore to take it into recovery.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Question. Can i do all of this via my phone without a computer?

I would root my wii if it ran on Android, but i have already hacked it. :)

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

are the commands the same for adb over wifi?

I would root my wii if it ran on Android, but i have already hacked it. :)

Yes, ADB works exactly the same when connected over wifi. You just have to type "adb connect [local IP address of the phone]" before you attempt any other commands.

blackspidey08

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for the guide. Rooting coming from the ZVH update through the automated-root was not working. This is my first time rooting through the command prompt and it was easy to follow. Thanks again!

mlk43611

May 8, 2012
Visit site

In looking over the instructions, it says "If the mirror you used has the file named LS670ZVH.zip or LS670ZVJ.zip please rename the one your your sdcard to update.zip." Rename the what? Thx.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
In looking over the instructions, it says "If the mirror you used has the file named LS670ZVH.zip or LS670ZVJ.zip please rename the one your your sdcard to update.zip." Rename the what? Thx.

The file downloaded
Let's say you downloading zvj update
And after download its named LS670ZVJ.zip
Rename ^^^this file mentioned to update.zip
But you can flash zvj roms on zvd or vice versa with nitestalkrs patch

If its already named update.zip no need to worry :D

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

anon(523450)

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (temporary instructions)

HELP! I was following along with these directions, but wasn't able to get the computer to recognize when my device was connected. So I used adb wireless. Got ZVJ installed correctly, then did the factory wipe, step 5. I didn't think about the problem with the usb connectivity, but now I am stuck!! I cannot get the computer to recognize the phone to save my life!
Things I have tried:
2 different computers (desktop and laptop) but both running Windows 7. 4 different USB cords (the original LG, an original Samsung, a kindle usb, and a generic) in both computers in all of the different usb ports. I have unistalled the LG drivers and reinstalled them on both computers. I have restarted the phone, the computer, etc. I have toggled the USB debugging check box on the phone.
Also tried:
taking the zvhroot file, put it on the sd card, and rename it "update." (I get "E: signature verification failed Installation aborted")
moving on to step 6 as written- I get "error: device not found" in the adb window.

Can you please help? If it matters, this phone is connected to wifi, but is not currently connected to a sprint account. (I wanted to fix the root and all before transferring my number/account back.)

anon(523450)

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone still around this thread??? I FINALLY was able to re-root my phone, but it required I reverted to ZVD. (using Gingerbreak)
Anyway, I still would like to upgrade to ZVJ (or even ZVH) but I am a bit wary now. I can use adb wireless, but DO NOT have the ability to connect to a computer (pretty sure the usb port is dead.)
So I can't lose the root during the process or I would lose the ability to adb and/or custom recovery and install.
Can I do this without losing root? Not sure with reading the steps if installing the ZVJ update automatically removes root.
Thanks!
Karen

bsdimp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed to ZVJ and rooted after dropping service on my phone. I'm getting Error Code 67 all the time. Since I don't care about cell service on this phone at this point, is there an easy way I can disable the Cell radio entirely and run the phone just off wifi? I wasn't getting it during the phase where I had the ZVD software with the ZVJ radio. And since I don't have service, no sense killing my battery life with the cell radio...

WalshDroid

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

samus aran

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
hey man you have do this
1.goto settings
2.wireless+networks
3.mobile networks
4.shut off all three options because i dont remember which stops the error code 64
hope this helps

videokid14

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
please help. i have rooted this phone before but had problems mounting the sdcard on bootup. so i returned to stock....or so i thought. now i cant root my phone or flash update.zip. im stuck and dont know what to do. i would like to root it again and put a custom recovery again so i can flash a newer rom on it again. can someone please help me??