LG Optimus S lost root and no Google apps

JokersWild0075

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I successfully rooted my Optimus using Gingersnap then used Clockwork Mod to flash the recovery and install aospCMod-VM670-20110601. I then realized that my ?Google? apps were gone. I tried to download the zip file for ?Gapps? to reinstall but it now appears that I have lost root access. My Clockwork Mod app displays ?Superuser Was not found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su.? I tried to use Gingersnap again and it appears to root but still no dice. I also have tried to root via SDK Manager, Z4 Root, and SuperOneClick Root. I am at a loss and looking for any ideas. I like the Mod but need the Market for obvious reasons. Any help would be appreciated.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I successfully rooted my Optimus using Gingersnap then used Clockwork Mod to flash the recovery and install aospCMod-VM670-20110601. I then realized that my ?Google? apps were gone. I tried to download the zip file for ?Gapps? to reinstall but it now appears that I have lost root access. My Clockwork Mod app displays ?Superuser Was not found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su.? I tried to use Gingersnap again and it appears to root but still no dice. I also have tried to root via SDK Manager, Z4 Root, and SuperOneClick Root. I am at a loss and looking for any ideas. I like the Mod but need the Market for obvious reasons. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you used Rom Manager?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a rom manager install which does not work on Optimus s. Seems like he is trying to install virgin mobile rom. Brick warning.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non