Market Issues

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone post in the gRom thread that they were having market issues with saying their device isn't compatible with a certain app (like Facebook). I am having this issue as well but not sure how to fix it. I'm still on Reborn 2.2.4 b/c of all the GB bugs and have done nothing different recently aside from enabling data2sd.

TIA

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This is because Reborn ROM uses a custom DPI that breaks Market.
You will have to start Market clean on a stock DPI before it will recognize your device correctly.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I saw someone post in the gRom thread that they were having market issues with saying their device isn't compatible with a certain app (like Facebook). I am having this issue as well but not sure how to fix it. I'm still on Reborn 2.2.4 b/c of all the GB bugs and have done nothing different recently aside from enabling data2sd.

TIA
What app are you trying to get? See if it works on mine, I am running Reborn 2.2.4 at the moment to work on the themes.
and did you do the data2sd or data2ext?

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was just trying to update my Facebook and then also thought about trying Firefox 7 but both are saying they are not compatible. I think I must have done datatoext since I partitioned my sd card from 3 to 4? I feel like an idiot for not knowing how to fix this. I've never had any problems with Reborn and updating apps in the market.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is because Reborn ROM uses a custom DPI that breaks Market.
You will have to start Market clean on a stock DPI before it will recognize your device correctly.

Can I roll back to an older version of the Market? I really like Reborn at the moment.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Can I roll back to an older version of the Market? I really like Reborn at the moment.
Yes you can rollback.
First thing you can try is see if you can uninstall the market update.
If that does not work install the market zip of a older version. I can not upload one or provided link at moment cause I am at work.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just trying to update my Facebook and then also thought about trying Firefox 7 but both are saying they are not compatible. I think I must have done datatoext since I partitioned my sd card from 3 to 4? I feel like an idiot for not knowing how to fix this. I've never had any problems with Reborn and updating apps in the market.

Mine only stays downgraded for a short time. After anywhere between 1hour to 2 days it auto updates to the new market. No biggie but new market is sloooow...and data intensive compared to the old one.

anywho...FireFox only runs on arm7 and better, so it really is not compatable with our ARM6 Optis...

ARMv6 (experimental)
Sorry, the experimental ARMv6 builds are no longer available. They contained bugs that caused them to crash immediately, so they were no longer useful for testing.

While we'd like Firefox to run on as many phones as possible, we are focusing first on devices that can run current versions of Firefox with acceptable performance. As we improve Firefox's speed and memory use, it might become possible for us to support ARMv6 phones in the future, but we are not actively working on it now.

Source: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android#ARMv6_.28experimental.29

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

^ Don't say that you think i haven't done stuff that I had no clue to fix.Stuff happen learn from it and don't worry about it sometimes it's funny getting out of a mess. ;)

You can always roll back google apps you can even kind of force a roll back. Using es file explorer or any of the file explorer that can get root access. You can go into /data/app and look for a file with the name vending in it usually it will be com.vending.1.apk or com.google.vending-1.apk and delete that and reboot you will be back on the original market that came with the rom.All updates to google apps go to /data/app so if uninstalling the update doesn't work delete the new apk and it will fall back to the old one.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
For me, rolling back wasn't the issue. It was to prevent market updates from happening again. This worked for me once I uninstalled any market updates and cleared the market cache:

In the Terminal Emulator, enter these lines:
>> su
>> pm disable com.android.vending.updater

This freezes the automated updater that otherwise keeps kicking in.

Reactions: Jessicalt1

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
New market is available now too...3.1.6 and it's supposed to work well. saw a link in thekravens cm7 ROM thread but can't find it to link now...but its out there.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

bettmm

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
hello, i have a LG Thrive and need your help on how I might get the Vip Life.installed its just grayed out
my device. Thanks 4 help Sir

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue in my Reborn sometime ago. It stopped my from getting most apps and I had about 50MB internal left. I cleared the Market cache (and maybe the data, too...) and all was well again. Start with clearing the cache and rebooting. ;)

Also, I can tell you that the new market seems faster in more recent versions. 3.1.5 was lousy. I am running 3.3.11 on Reborn now and it takes a couple seconds to load the graphics at the beginning, but it is fine after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non