[ANNOUNCEMENT] Team Hydro bootmanager!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Team Hydro bootmanager

[INFO]What is the Team Hydro bootmanager?
The Team Hydro bootmanager is based on ClockworkMod Recovery and loads every time your device powers on. Much like popular PC bootloaders such as LILO (LInux LOader) and GRUB (GRand Unified Bootloader), it gives you a choice of which system to boot. In it's current (stable) state, it allows you to (a) continue booting into Android and (b) boot into recovery mode.

Why is this useful?
Some devices, like the LG Optimus Black do not have a button combination to force the device to boot into recovery. If you damage your main /system partition on devices like this, system software recovery is impossible without using manufacturer-provided software which doesn't always work properly (or at all).

How do I get it?
Since the Team Hydro bootmanager is built into the part of Android called the boot image (boot.img) it is not something that can be flashed in recovery mode. Contact your favorite ROM developer and ask him/her to contact Team Hydro to get Team Hydro bootmanager integrated into their ROMs.[/INFO]
[NOTE]ROM Developers:
We are still working on the Team Hydro Bootmanager. Porting to other devices should be trivial, but may not be in all cases. If you would like to discuss the possibility of including Team Hydro Bootmanager in your ROM, please PM me. Also note that the Team Hydro Bootmanager will make it's debut on our upcoming Optimus S ROM, HydroROM.[/NOTE]
[INFO]Screenshots:
Since my camera feels like having a super bright flash (and without it you can't see it), here is a photo of Team Hydro bootmanager running on the Sprint Optimus S.
P1010985.JPG
[/INFO]

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Just currious, is this something that will be added to team hydros own roms? Or is it redundant as we can already boot into recovery. Or is there some cool reason to need it i am completely clueless about for us optimus s users?

Or maybe, this is needed for the super secret rom you all are devising. Perhaps a cross device rom ala cyanogen :D

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Excellent!!

Perhaps this is just for a simple task and another means of preventing Android users from becoming masons... but I can't help but wonder what a custom bootloader might be able to do, especially on a device with more internal memory. Dual boot ROMs?

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Will this work with the lg marquee so we can get into r bootloader an get some roms an kernals rolling out. Also to help us get a custom recovery

HampTheToker

Banned
Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought.

Some may get frustrated eventually by having to choose to continue booting every time they turn on their phones. Maybe it'd be a good idea to have it automatically continue booting after a preset time has elapsed. 10-20 seconds should be more than enough. Just thought I'd throw that out there and see if you guys had considered something like that.

Sent from my *rooted* Evo Design using Tapatalk.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought.

Some may get frustrated eventually by having to choose to continue booting every time they turn on their phones. Maybe it'd be a good idea to have it automatically continue booting after a preset time has elapsed. 10-20 seconds should be more than enough. Just thought I'd throw that out there and see if you guys had considered something like that.

Sent from my *rooted* Evo Design using Tapatalk.

One step ahead of you. There will be a 3-second timer. If no buttons have been pressed before the timer runs out, the Bootmanager will automatically boot into Android. Our GP Team has been testing the Bootmanager and so far no major issues (other than minor aesthetic ones) have occurred.

Last edited:

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
One step ahead of you. There will be a 3-second timer. If no buttons have been pressed before the timer runs out, the Bootmanager will automatically boot into Android. Our GP Team has been testing the Bootmanager and so far no major issues (other than minor aesthetic ones) have occurred.

Will this work with the marquee?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Will this work with the marquee?

I'm glad you asked. The devices that will be supported initially will be the ones that I/we are able to test on directly.

Currently, only the Optimus S is supported. I will soon be receiving a number of devices (only for a couple of weeks) and will be working on porting the Bootmanager to those.

If you have a device that you want supported, the best way to ensure priority support is to lend it to me for a week. Even then there is no guarantee that it will be supported, but if we can't directly test on a device that lowers the chance of it being supported.

Last edited:

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see this for the Optimus V. I've been lucky to have survived one instance of "soft-bricking" and don't even remember how I got it unbricked. ( I had been up for over 22 hours trying to fix it ) It's running on IHO CM7.1 and doing great, but a tool would be wonderful for future use. I also have an old Samsung Intercept that's been boot looped for a while. It could use a tool that that. It is being stubborn, but someday I will be able to get it working. I can't wait to see this develop.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
actually what would be a total service to the android community would be if you ported this to run on A13 devices for example o have a yeahpad pillbox 7 that just refuses to adb reboot-bootloader and fastboot has zero response and livesuit is a absolute failure what kills me is i flashed the wrong recovery (it was mislabled) but my system partition lies untouch and yet sooooo unreachable
this would solve my problem im sure .......not to mention the gigantic bj you would get from the a13 communtity

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo