Issue with force power on while charging

eaglewatcherus

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a lg optimus s rooted with gingerbread running cm7.2 IHO Kraven Rom, I love the roms and all features except for one Everytime i turn the phone off and ttempt to charge it, it forces phone to turn on or if i plug it in first and attempt to turn it off it auto reboots and will not remain off the problem i am having with this is while it is on it Cannot charge to 100% it is impossible it will only hit 99% i have a entended life battery3500 mAH and I wish to calibrate my battery and maintain the longest life out of this but if i am unable to turn the phone off to charge it then the battery will die much faster can anyone look into this rom and or cm7.2 and let me know if there is a way to disable the force start on charge feature or if there is a way you can rewrite the code to prevent this thank you !

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
No, there is no way. It's a "feature" of CM7. You can try making a nandroid backup then flashing to Reborn ROM, which should be able to charge the phone off. Once your phone battery is calibrated, then just restore the nandroid backup of CM7.

Just a side note, I also have Reborn in nandroid backup, just in case I need to update my profile, update PRL, etc...

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
As said, there is no way to power off to charge. I believe USB charging to a PC will remain off though. You can wipe your battery stats in xionia if you want. Fully charge the battery, fully discharge to 5% or lower, fully recharge, then boot into recovery and wipe battery stats. You could also try booting into recovery to charge.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I thoughtit was the other way around. ... With 100% battery, wipe stats, run till completely discharged, then recharge fully. Doesn't really make sense to do all the calibration charging before wiping stats. But I've never found the "official" procedure so ???

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

duffkitty

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure if you wipe the stats and just fully charge and discharge the battery a couple times it'll average out. The whole charge 100% wipe stats, discharge to death and fully recharge is just to get the average quicker.

I just wiped mine because of a quick battery drain I see after going from CM to Your Mom. Seeing how that goes :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91