[COMMUNITY ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] Stock Rooted ROM Base

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
-Community ROM-

This base ROM is built off the ZVJ update released by Sprint/LG. Please feel free to use this as your base for building your own custom ROM either for just yourself or to share with the community. I'd really like to see some new ROM's come out of this.

This ROM's feature List:

-Rooted
-Deodexed
-Busybox installed
-Ability to run scripts in init.d (will need to set permissions in the updater-script for your scripts)

-Everything else is completely stock and has NOT been debloated
-Rom is NOT signed

Download:
ZVJ-stock-rooted-base_unsigned.zip

Please feel free to discuss ROM building in this thread. I will offer any advice I can as time permits, but please do some research as well and help each other out.

Now let's see some new Killer ROM's!!!!!

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Do I use the update feature or do I flash it???

Sent from futuristic optimus s

??? I don't know what you mean by update feature. If you would like to try this as is, you would disable signature verification in custom recovery and flash like any other rom. At this stage though, its really no different than the stock update as far as performance and features go.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone building off this? No biggie, just curious.

I wouldn't mind trying rom building. Just a few questions. I know compiling a rom from source must be done from Linux, but can a stock based rom like this be managed from windows? It would seem so to me. Could you point to a few helpfully sources/guides/info for building such roms? I have a feeling anything I could come up with would be fairly juvenal compared to your ginger rom or (in my opinion) the master builders in team hydro. But I guess you have to start somewhere.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [COMMUNITY ROM][ZVJ] Stock Rooted ROM Base

I wouldn't mind trying rom building. Just a few questions. I know compiling a rom from source must be done from Linux, but can a stock based rom like this be managed from windows? It would seem so to me. Could you point to a few helpfully sources/guides/info for building such roms? I have a feeling anything I could come up with would be fairly juvenal compared to your ginger rom or (in my opinion) the master builders in team hydro. But I guess you have to start somewhere.

I'm in the same boat

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I am curious if someone can flash this on top of ZVH radio.

Then see how many of the "ZVH problems" are fixed.

This will tell us which problems were fixed in the ROM/kernel and which require the new radio.

My guess is most (if not all) of the problems were fixed in the ROM/kernel.

something15525

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I would also be interested in ROM building, I've been trying to get started for some time now.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I recommend to all of you wanting to produce your own roms is to download the base rom I posted and open it up. Take a look inside at what a rom consists of. In the META-INF folder (a couple more folders in) you will find a file named updater-script. That contains the script commands the recovery reads when you flash the rom. It tells your recovery where to put the files and what permissions they need, as well as other stuff. Just study that for a bit, after some time, it will start to make sense.

Then back to the front of the rom zip, look in system folder. There is the guts of the rom. Apks are in the app folder and essential framework files are in the framework folder.

Google apktool. You will need that to decompile and compile the apks and such. That's if you want to let's say theme out your rom, or port features over from other roms like the notification toggles, or extended power button reboot mod, etc......

I understand that I am just kind of rambling here and not really giving too much detail, but I'm just trying to teach you the way I learned. Open the rom, compare the insides to other roms, compare specific files (SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk for example) to other peoples mods and roms. DO NOT steal their work...... but that's how you learn how they did it.

Decompile framework-res.apk with apktool and study the xml files inside. There are tons of different visual and functional tweaks that happen in xml files.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is, dig in...... get your hands dirty. Oh and Google....... Google A LOT!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Yeah if guys wanna find tutorials, post them here and I will try to keep the OP updated with links to your posts.

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

If anyone is wondering another way to look inside of apk's is to use 7zip, it will open an apk like a zip file. You have to use an apk tool to recompile it. I tried recompiling an apk using 7zip and it didn't work out too well. But 7zip is quick and pretty easy to use. Also 7zip is very useful when you want to use .png's for battery or icons and stuff found in framework-res.apk. But always ask before you use someone else's stuff. If anyone needs help with graphic design for their ROM or a logo or something hit me up, I'd be happy to help.

Royalace121

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

Im new at this rooting stuff i already know how to overclock and stuff but i just wanted to know can i install this package off my boot menu

Last edited:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
guys i totally just got a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
im so gonna make a rom!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:cool:
ac is so wierd on a pc screen iv always used my phone:p

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
guys i totally just got a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
im so gonna make a rom!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:cool:
ac is so wierd on a pc screen iv always used my phone:p
Umm... completely off topic, but awesome! Looks like you got an avatar, too. :) Congrats, brother! I look forward to seeing what you can do with the proper tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: vernotzy21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38