ios apps? specifically imessage?

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
is there any way, any way at all (I mean really, any way (i dont care how hard it is to do (seriously)) to get apple apps, more specifically imessage onto android? On the LG Optimus S would be better

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
LOLNO!<funny/>

Anyway, No. There never will be. iOS applications are built explicitly for iOS (Mobile Darwin/OSX). Not to mention they're made in different programming languages (Android: Java/C++, iOS: Obj-C w/ iOS-Specific API). There also will never be an Emulator. Although if someone starts a Hackinpod project that would be awesome but the problem is that while Mobile Darwin is open-source, the UI and Apple Applications are not and cannot be ported.

Last edited:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for Double Posting but this is worthy of a bump.

It seems that the idea of Hackinpoding that I just posted about has come to conception :)
the ChronicDevTeam are working on a way to run iOS applications on top of a Darwin API layer implemented on a Linux Kernel. If this can get an ARMv6 port, then it would be extremely possible to run iMessage on an Android phone as well as have a complete iOS (up to iOS 5.0) experience on non-apple hardware!

Somewhere in the middle ...

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not porting though, it's making a binary compatibility layer much like WINE.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You could use JOYOS stuff. The messaging app, music app, and the rest works on other roms. :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but it isn't the real thing..

With that being said, JoyOS for ARMv6 (it's out there; Google: "JoyOS Android CDMA MDPI ARMv6" you'll have to find the phone that is CDMA AND has an ARMv6 processor as well as an MDPI (320*480 screen size) screen and port it. JoyOS is the closest ANYONE will EVER get to OS on Android..

EVERYTHING from Apple is closed source. They really don't do any other platform than their own... Nothing from Apple is on Android, and it probably NEVER be...

;)

Reactions: ShadowEO

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

With that being said, JoyOS for ARMv6 (it's out there; Google: "JoyOS Android CDMA MDPI ARMv6" you'll have to find the phone that is CDMA AND has an ARMv6 processor as well as an MDPI (320*480 screen size) screen and port it. JoyOS is the closest ANYONE will EVER get to OS on Android..

EVERYTHING from Apple is closed source. They really don't do any other platform than their own... Nothing from Apple is on Android, and it probably NEVER be...

;)

Not everything from Apple is closed source. Darwin is open source and by extension Mobile Darwin. The only parts that aren't open are the UI, OSX Specific frameworks and the applications.

I did just link a page to a project to run some iOS apps via a binary compatibility later like how the Linux WINE project works.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Not everything from Apple is closed source. Darwin is open source and by extension Mobile Darwin. The only parts that aren't open are the UI, OSX Specific frameworks and the applications.

I did just link a page to a project to run some iOS apps via a binary compatibility later like how the Linux WINE project works.

Yes, but it'll be like a theme since the apps are closed source...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it'll be like a theme since the apps are closed source...

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Umm, what does this have to do with themes?

Also:
* Will it run iPhone OS apps?
* No, because I'm not aiming to have compatible high level frameworks. Just think about how much work is required to have a 100% compatible implementation of UIKit or Celestial. HOWEVER, the CoreOS part should be 100% (or 99%) compatible. Just not the higher level OS. If you're just interested in this because it will "run iOS apps" please go away.

Reactions: ShadowEO

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

;)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=210875 wish granted

** these are just words **

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez