Sprint rep bricked phone

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My Optimus has a hardware problem with the headset, so I brought it in for repair.
I flashed the V9 rom with the KP500 tool before bringing it in so that the troubleshooting steps would work for the rep... after about ten minutes he came back and told me that my phone is in bad shape, and now he can't get it to leave the recovery menu and boot.

I'm guessing he tried to do a hardware reset from within settings, and in my negligence, I left the custom recovery on there (and I recall that being a no-no combination!).

So, the good news is that he ordered me a new phone under TEP. The bad news, is because it was on Friday, it won't come until Monday. I'm stuck the entire weekend without a phone, which totally sucks.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if I can manage to un-brick this baby so I'll at least have something for tomorrow. I tried the KP500 tool in emergency mode, but the phone seems unable to connect to the tool now (I keep getting the error saying the phone isn't connected with the option to restart).

In the un-brick instructions, I see it says I should unplug and plug again, hit restart, and should be golden after that. But it just can't seem to get past that point and connect.

Got any ideas?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In the un-brick instructions, I see it says I should unplug and plug again, hit restart, and should be golden after that. But it just can't seem to get past that point and connect.

Got any ideas?
You should be able to unbrick it. You do need to get into emergency mode.

Somewhere in there I believe you are supposed to pull the battery to get it into emergency mode.

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to unbrick it. You do need to get into emergency mode.

Somewhere in there I believe you are supposed to pull the battery to get it into emergency mode.

It said "Emergency Mode" on the phone while I did that. However, the battery was in the entire time. Was it supposed to be out?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It said "Emergency Mode" on the phone while I did that. However, the battery was in the entire time. Was it supposed to be out?
If it said emergency mode then you had it in emergency mode.

I'm surprised it didn't switch the software to emergency mode when you hit restart.

sgleason13b

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I did something similar once, and after a month of nonsense (it was an extra phone) on a whim I re-ran the drivers through the LG update tool (maybe I pulled them from a root thread) and after that kp and all others recognized the phone. didn't even need any tool just ran the return to stock process and I was sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non