the application Market has unexpectedly stopped

markhardy0877

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So.... I feel really dumb. I am pretty sure I bricked my phone. It still loads all the app images. but almost none of the apps work.....except for the games. lol

I was trying to put a custom rom on it for the first time. i have been reading on it for a couple months. but then today i actually went for it. i used rom manager. and "installed from sdcard" and my phone shut off, rebooted, went to a black screen, and just hung there for about 15 min. then it FINALLY came on. I was so excited! then when i unlocked my phone, this error message popped up. "Sorry. The application Market has unexpectedly stopped. Please try again."

So.... I was wondering if anyone could help. :( Please and thank you!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You really need to post this in the rooting, roms, and hacks forum. And read the stickies there too. Rom manager = bad news.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Rom Manager...no!!! You shouldn't have used rom manager. That's what messed you up. Did you do a backup before flashing? Read the stickie titled "Brick Warning: Do Not use Rom Manager

markhardy0877

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
ok so... i have read through that now. BUT i cant use terminal emulator on my phone and i cant find adb shell anywhere :/ once again. thanks for any help in advanced.

markhardy0877

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on my computer. my phone doesnt do anything at all. i dont understand... can someone please break it down for me in idiot terms? lol. IDK what else to do.

Edit: I have found adb shell. Android SDK is inside? how do i use this? Im sorry. im really dumb. someone please help?

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Another one bites the dust thanks to rom manager!

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Rom Manager...no!!! You shouldn't have used rom manager. That's what messed you up. Did you do a backup before flashing? Read the stickie titled "Brick Warning: Do Not use Rom Manager
Chances are since he was trying rom manager he did not back up, if he even has custom recovery.

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not to rub it in but, I don't know how you read for a couple of months and miss the warning about ROM Manager. What a shame really.

Your title "the application Market has unexpectedly stopped" is what pulled me in to read your issue. The look of the new market sux and I wish mine would unexpectedly stop.

Good luck. Someone here can most likely get you back to stock.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
i did do a backup using rom manager. but when i click on it it doesnt allow me to revert back to that backup
That's because you don't have a custom recovery.
A custom recovery allows you to screw up you phone pretty good and still beable to recover.

markhardy0877

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
this is where i am at right now. my phone boots up like normal. but when it comes to the unlock screen, i cant unlock it. i cannot change the phone to silent mode. its like the touchscreen is busted. :( when i plug into my computer, the usb mode comes up but thats it. it doesnt do anything else. PLEASE HELP! :((((((((((((((((((((((

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you try to get into a recovery?
Pwr+home+volume down

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It shows the LG boot logo the disappears and goes to a blank black screen and just hangs there forever

Someone help me out here, Is it possible that whatever rom he was trying to use might not be compatiable with his LCD screen? If that is the case if he was to use screencast he would might beable to see what is going on, and just maybe.....maybe beable to kdz back to stock and start over?
This just a thought, what do you all think?

markhardy0877

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
ok. i downloaded android screencast. it works fine. but it doesnt show my phone on my computer screen. just a blank box. i can explore all of the roots and system info and all of that. so now..... if someone can tell me what i need to do from there... like what do i need to put in any folders and such? please and thank you

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well you can get into recovery, it's not the right one though. And if your using screencast that also means you can use adb shell which is also good news, which means you just have to install the right recovery. Install Xionia recovery, that one is compatiable with all LCD screens and should hopefully get rid of that one you have now. When all done the writing should be blue.
I would suggest you copy and paste everything.
go here and read very first post! This is done in adb shell. Copy 1 line at a time from forum and right click in adb shell and select paste. It's only about 7 lines of code, not hard at all to get this great recovery!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

I am not at computer right now so I can not properly link you to the link above. But that is where you want to go to install the right recovery!
Actually it looks like the link is working. Go there read, re-read and read again! Then you should be good.

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

Last edited: