Lost Call Key from Dock accidentally

hatmaker510

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi -

I did something accidentally to my LG Optimus S recently (I have no idea what!) and the Call key icon that was in the dock (along with the application tab and the Sprint ID pack icon) just disappeared and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back. All that's in there now are the remaining applications and ID icons, which were there from the get go.

Now to make a call, I go to contacts or to the call log, because I don't have that icon in the dock anymore.

Any ideas? Sorry, I'm a new smartphone'er and I've tried everything I can think of, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Long press a blank spot on one of your home screens, select shortcut, select dialer. Drag the dialer shortcut back onto where you want it on the launcher, let go.

Should work fine.

EDIT - Note the verbiage may differ slightly depending on ROM and launcher but the basic motions remain.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried that already and it offers a direct dialing shortcut to a CONTACT only, but not the dialer itself. Any other ideas?

yep, go right in the app drawer, long press the dialer until your poped back to the home screen then drop the dialer onto the launcher.

Same thing just different way to do it

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh!!! Thank you, thank you!

No problem. Get used to thinking differently about your phone. My GF still hasnt mastered the difference between pressing, long pressing, and hitting the menu key to bring up hidden menus. It's just a different way of thinking is all.

When i touch my iphone i end up long pressing stuff (which does nothing in ios) and hitting the bottom button trying to get to menus, which closes the app in ios so i understand the frustration/confusion.