Angry Birds seems to slow down?

808rides

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? I've got the deluxe build prop tweak by KSmith installed and I notice if I'm playing angry birds, in about 1 or 2 levels, it will start to slow down and stutter and I have a hard time playing the game. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem? It's still a helluva lot better than my Hero which wouldn't really play the game at all.

I'm wondering if uninstalling the buildprop would help or make it worse as well. I'm going to try that when I get home from work. But just wondering if people don't have that installed and it works better for them? Figure doesn't hurt to ask :)

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? I've got the deluxe build prop tweak by KSmith installed and I notice if I'm playing angry birds, in about 1 or 2 levels, it will start to slow down and stutter and I have a hard time playing the game. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem? It's still a helluva lot better than my Hero which wouldn't really play the game at all.

I'm wondering if uninstalling the buildprop would help or make it worse as well. I'm going to try that when I get home from work. But just wondering if people don't have that installed and it works better for them? Figure doesn't hurt to ask :)

I have the deluxe build prop installed and dont have any problems with angry birds. It may stutter for a brief second on some levels but otherwise it runs perfect. Is your phone OC'd?

808rides

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Phone isn't oc'd. Just rooted, and deluxe'd. But angry birds will stutter like mad after about a level of playing or so. It's playable, just very painstaking sometimes to make sure I'm launching the bird in the right direction :)

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Phone isn't oc'd. Just rooted, and deluxe'd. But angry birds will stutter like mad after about a level of playing or so. It's playable, just very painstaking sometimes to make sure I'm launching the bird in the right direction :)

Why no OC? It runs great with a little overclocking.

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It stutters for a few seconds on mine at the beginning of graphic intensive levels (particularly with the snow on Seasons). After those couple seconds thought, it usually smooths out.

It is sort of annoying you have to wait for it to smooth though. This is even on a phone with ThundeRom 1.5, Xionia kernel v5, OC'd at 768, and with a Quadrant score of 1200!

Last edited:

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's the ads that do it. When a level loads without the ad banner the game runs like magic. When the corner ad is on the screen it lags hard.

gooberlx

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's the ads that do it. When a level loads without the ad banner the game runs like magic. When the corner ad is on the screen it lags hard.

I noticed this was the issue as well. Also, ad blockers don't help aside from not showing the ad image. The routine of grabbing an ad is still executing, and that appears to be what always slows it down for me.

Sumpm

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. Some levels contain less information, so the ads have little or no affect. Levels with more birds and things to knock down, however, lag horribly with the ads. If you wait 30sec or so, the ads go away, and suddenly the level runs smoothly again.

I really wish we just had a paid version so we could do away with the ads.

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Rovio is making way more money off the android version of the game due to the ads so I don't see the ads going anywhere sadly.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Angry Birds

Never had any problems whatsoever with angry birds....except that I'm still waiting for the Christmas edition.

Is there an angry birds different than the two available now?

I thought there was only angry birds, and angry birds seasons (Which includes the 25 days of Christmas and the Halloween edition), at least for android.

Angry Birds
chart

Angry Birds Seasons
chart

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted and using AdFree to block the ads ,on the dx if your not rooted you can switch to plane mode and no more ads.However non functional phone in plane mode on receiving calls.

On dinc if not rooted can just turn off data connection/wifi connection and no more ads still functional phone so can still receive calls

But I havent noticed any lag in Angry Birds,or Seasons,or Hallowen editions.

Sent using TaPaTaLk