Battery life problems out of no where now?

Luckywuffboi

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So all of the sudden lately i've been having a major battery life problem..
when i first got the phone, it would at least last all day with normal use..
normal use being sms texting, facebook, email, a few calls, and web browsing..
Since i've had this problem i've done a factory rest, and drained the battery completely (so it died and wouldnt turn back on) then charged it fully while it was off.. (overnight) next day, battery lasted like normal, all day with normal use but is now back to not lasting at all.. i dont get it..
anyone have any ideas?

schmagoogly

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I recently experienced very weird battery behavior, but stumbled upon a thread that really help me! Assuming you are rooted you should be able to get help here

From my experience (having followed the guide the day of posting this), I am already seeing expected battery life behavior :)

schmagoogly

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
sorry I couldn't get the link to work :(

hopefully this helps

I did not write this, it is copied from the old online notepad page the download link for froyo was on:

*TO CALIBRATE BATTERY*
Battery recalibration :
1 If you're experiencing higher than normal battery drain, try the following: Charge the phone to full battery; let it keep charging until the battery says it is fully charged. Do not wait until the light is green, it isn't always fully charged, causing a lot of inaccuracies.
(You can check by going to: Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Battery Level = Full.)
2 Boot to recovery mode and wipe battery stats in recovery
3 Immediately reboot, and once you have access to the launcher, unplug the phone.
4 Do not charge the phone until after draining the battery completely, resulting in it automatically shutting off.
5 Recharge and use your phone as normal.
(FROM: CyanogenMod Wiki)

schmagoogly

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
As I've stated before, I have actually done this method of calibration and must say that I immediately noticed a battery efficiency boost and accurate readings. :)

I was able to "stress" the battery my Optimus by putting it under heavy use. I Turned ON: Wifi, GPS, Background Data, Bluetooth, FULL Display brightness. Then I kept YouTube video playlists playing at full volume. The battery finally depleted at around 6 or 7 hours - I didn't keep rigorous timing (which i should have :confused:) But that seems to be what I should expect.

Currently my phone is only around 25% after a couple days from a full charge with light-to-medium use (email, web browsing, app dl + uninstall, listened to music for an hour, ..... ya)

Anywayz....... I hope this battery calibration works for ya and if you haven't already tried it, I'm obviously recommending that you give it a try :cool: