Want to switch my Optimus S flashin to Optimus V Virgin Mobile or Metro Pcs?

devilspy

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So I've had the Optimus S on my work line for the past few months. Bought without contract. Recently left the job, and service went out today.

Currently Running the latest ThunderRom 1.6.2-Deluxe xia kernel Jit&Stagefright enabled.

I already got the phone fully customized, and don't want to sell on ebay/rebuy route, and Metro pcs and Virgin plans seem very attractive for my needs.

Since I'm fully rooted and my ESN is clear.
Can I just flash(if I need to) the S to the V using posted roms for Virgin Mobile sign up to Virgin and expect it to work? also.. Are there major hardware diff that would impede services? Don't want to brick my phone.one.

I can't seem to find much info, did find this guide on how to root the V and it seems to use the sprint roms.

How To Root LG Optimus V [Virgin Mobile]

Last edited:

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't look like virgin allows any devices except their own on their network (unlike some of the other carriers like cricket and metroPCS). I've flashed a phone onto crickets network... it's a hassle for various reasons. Just sell the S and get the phone from virgin mobile, even if you could flash it I'd still suggest getting the V... it's far easier then messing around with flashing the phone IMO.

Virgin Mobile USA FAQ <--New? read this! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MANUEL CAMPOS

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Want to switch my Optimus S flashin to Optimus V Virgin Mobil

before you selling it, try with Metro first , sometimes those guys make miracles.

MANUEL CAMPOS

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Want to switch my Optimus S flashin to Optimus V Virgin Mobil

:cool:before you selling it, try with Metro first , sometimes those guys make miracles.